Who Does Inlay Work?

Johnny Z

I have a schecter c-1 Hellraiser w/ FR. The inlays are abalone and for me they are really hard to see on a dark stage, so I normally cant even really play with this guitart unless the stage is bright enough and we are outdoors doign a gig. I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can take the guitar to have the inlays cut out and replaced with white peraloid...still looking the same as they did before just a different material. I love this guitar so whoever does it I want to be able to trust them doin it right and not messing something up...Please help!!

what type of inlay shapes are they? Dot? Blocks? etc.

From what i can see from a quick google they have a sort of 4pc cross thing - quite a lot of buggering around even for a pro like yourself.

Yes, I see what you mean. That would be a real pain to get right. It would probably be cheaper to sell this one and buy a new guitar that works for you.

thanks guys, sorry I haven't been back to check in a while. I thought about sellign and rebuying buy i love this guitar, It's just a schecter I know but still its an amazing ax. I contacted schecter and they told me to talk to some ron guy, Contacted him and he said he actually designed the inlays for schecter and he could do it, but its a little pricey.

How bout completely replacing the fretboard?? How much does that normally cost for a 25 1/2" scale with 24 frets? I'd make it an ebony board with dot pearl inlays...

thanks guys, sorry I haven't been back to check in a while. I thought about sellign and rebuying buy i love this guitar, It's just a schecter I know but still its an amazing ax. I contacted schecter and they told me to talk to some ron guy, Contacted him and he said he actually designed the inlays for schecter and he could do it, but its a little pricey.

How bout completely replacing the fretboard?? How much does that normally cost for a 25 1/2" scale with 24 frets? I'd make it an ebony board with dot pearl inlays...

Once again, probably not worth it. That's pretty major surgery and the guitar may not play the same afterwards. There are a lot of amazing axes out there. I would still recommend getting a new one.

Once again, probably not worth it. That's pretty major surgery and the guitar may not play the same afterwards. There are a lot of amazing axes out there. I would still recommend getting a new one.

This man speaks the truth. If he says an inlay/repair job is not worth it, I'd listen to that wisdom and either live with it, or get yourself a new guitar. :D