Bass Bridge/ Pick-up Combinations

I'm building a six string bass and was wondering you anyone found good results with certain bridge and pick-up combinations? It's a 35 in scale, 24 frets, with 2 degree neck angle and 17mm string spacing (calculations done with the hipshot bridge) I am not incredibly picky as far as type of sound. Thanks guys.

My preference is for J style pickups mounted as close to the bridge as possible. I even cut off the screw bumps on one side to get it hard against the bridge. Extreme pickup placement is better than worrying about 'harmonic nodes' or any baloney. Look at MM for examples.

I say, measure the width of your neck at the bridge and nut end. Then figure out your scale lenghth. Then figure out how wide your bridge needs to be using those measurements. that will narrow down your search as to what bridge to get. You can look at bridges on various websites listed in the supplies section of the Project Guitar website.

As far as pickups go, you're going to have to choose those on your own. Everyone likes a different sound, and there's not really a pickup out there that'll "wear out." over time. Well.. maybe there is, but i haven't found one with complaints about that yet.