Two pictures of early guitars...

I have a few pictures of some of the guitars i made during the late 70s and early 80s. I have included two of them, so you can have a look.

The standard of those days was not as high as they are today, and Sweden was not the best place to source guitar supplies.

The headless guitar was made in 78. Ash body and a maple neck. Hardware and pu's from Schaller. It was a heavy beast, but had a nice tone and great sustain. Because of the weight, I later chambered it out from the back, and all the aspects of the guitar improved.

headless2.jpg

The SC was made in mahogany, with Schaller hardware and a Mighty Mite Motherbucker. Later I added a flamed maple top to it with an amber burst, and the look and the tone improved a lot.

motherbucker.jpg

I have a few more pictures, and if you are interested to see them I can add them also.

The headless guitar was made in 78. Ash body and a maple neck. Hardware and pu's from Schaller. It was a heavy beast, but had a nice tone and great sustain. Because of the weight, I later chambered it out from the back, and all the aspects of the guitar improved.

headless2.jpg

Ooooh! Very cool! I like your headless one. I'm planning one designed similar to it but I want to use the smaller LSR Tuners to allow for tighter placement... sort of like the Teuffel CoCo but at the bridge end. Here is some ascii "art" :D:

Ferrules +---->   O   O   O

`--->  O   O   O

+=+=+=+=+=+  <-- Nut

| | | | | |

+-+-+-+-+-+

| | | | | |

+-+-+-+-+-+

| | | | | |

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H H H H H H  <-- Bridge

| | | | | |

,-->  O| | | | | |

|       O| | | | |

LSR      |         O| | | |

Tuners +           O| | |

|             O| |

`------------>  O|

probably with a body shape inspired by Tim Donahue's fretless (but fretted.)

Thanks for the nice comments!

I will put up some more pics, but I must first find and scan them (I think I have 6-8 more somewhere). I'll see what I can dig up.

I really like that Tim Donahue bass, real cool. It has an organic design, a bit like some fish.

Thanks for the nice comments!

I will put up some more pics, but I must first find and scan them (I think I have 6-8 more somewhere). I'll see what I can dig up.

I really like that Tim Donahue bass, real cool. It has an organic design, a bit like some fish.

You're welcome!

Please do post more.

Yeah, I like the Donahue design except for the pointed lower end but he did that to accomodate the tuners. I think the LSR's would make his design "cleaner." I agree, very "organic"... it kinda reminds me of Spock's Vulcan Lyre in the old Star Trek B). Ohwha-tagee-kiam! :D