Single Cut Design Sketch, Opinions?

Not bad but something seems amiss about it. like...the center seems real skinny...like it's got a big ass.... Also, the long straight lines that come in from the neck side...the little heart shape...the straight lines seem weird compared to the big round butt-end...

I think it's def a good start on a SC design though.

Not bad but something seems amiss about it. like...the center seems real skinny...like it's got a big ass.... Also, the long straight lines that come in from the neck side...the little heart shape...the straight lines seem weird compared to the big round butt-end...

I think it's def a good start on a SC design though.

its a single cut take on this

DSCF5230.JPG

i don't know if that helps put it into perspective or not.

Yeah. that makes a little more sense now.

I think two hums would look nifty ;-)

you could do something crazy like... black limba neck and mahogany body... I don't know how Mahogany is for a top wood but the colors would look cool. Kinda deep and dark...

I like the design, however as I love old timey designs, I would make the upper bout less extreme, kind of more rounded without slipping into LP territory. What kind of single coil are you considering for the neck position? I´ve heard very good comments on the SD JB junior humbucker (single coil-sized version). Also, because of it being a modern design, maybe the neck pickup could go slanted and the frets accomodate the position, following the horn´s curve...just a thought.

I´ve seen builds with the mahogany showing and in my opinion it looks beautiful, but you have to consider if it goes well with the design.

i use nordstrand for my 7 and 8 string single coils. was just drawing in a pickup config, thats always up to the customer.

You need a point on the top bout to offset the point on the bottom horn.

i would say that there are hundreds of thousands of single cutout guitar owners out there that would argue

i like the first one better but thats just my opinion

to be a little more exact i liked single hump on the first one is more tele style I also was digging on the countour of the first one and ya got to go with the TOM

to be honest i just really was diggin on the first design better the only thing i could say i would have liked to see is a multi scale neck.

You need a point on the top bout to offset the point on the bottom horn.

i would say that there are hundreds of thousands of single cutout guitar owners out there that would argue

i like the first one better but thats just my opinion

to be a little more exact i liked single hump on the first one is more tele style I also was digging on the countour of the first one and ya got to go with the TOM

to be honest i just really was diggin on the first design better the only thing i could say i would have liked to see is a multi scale neck.

its all just sketches, if a customer wants multiscale, i'll do multiscale... the 2nd one is basically to give a safer alternative to the first one, options are always good.

I prefer your first sketch. That carving of yours is very distinct and original, IMHO.

I would prefer a somewhat smaller "ear" though (what my wife calls "ear" is that thing that would be the upper horn but is not...), specially if you do not put your switch there, but I think it follows very well the design of your doublecut.

Nice design.

well, i generally dont like giving just my opinion, so i wont

i like the first sketch because the body seems to flow more, i think you could still work on the balance of the scales between the "butt end" and the "upper horns" but the concept is nice.

The second sketch does not appeal to me because it seems that the guitar is very thin and that it lacks much substance, aswell as the curves dont fit very well together. it seems rather forced.

constructive crit for the 1st - maybe play with the ratios a little, if you want i have a great program (PM me if your intrested) that is much better than drawing your sketches :D

2nd - i would do some heavy modification on this body style (if i were the customer) it just doesnt appeal much to me, but then again if you look at my builds, i like very "plump" and generous bodys i love something that looks inviting to hold.

Edited by Kenny