Help With Plans And Electronics?

Hey all,

I'm considering making a replica of on of Matthew Bellamys (Muse :D ) Mansons. The only trouble is I dont have any idea on how to make plans for it, and really dont feel comfortable doing it myself. Basicly, what i'm asking is would it be at all possible to have plans drawn up for me?

The guitar I want to copy is this one:

Manson%20M%20One%20D%20One%20Guitar.jpg

link

link

link

Also, does anyone know how to set up the kaoss pad like bellamys? If not, how can I wire up a fuzz factory internaly?

If I include the kaoss pad I want to use a second screen connected via midi if possible, not using phills method which

renders the pad useless with anything other than that guitar.

Thanks,

Dan

EDIT: I Forgot to mention, I want to use a standard bolt on tele neck for this, seeing as the headstock is prettymuch Identical in shape...

And theres the fact that I dont dare try to make a neck XD

And sorry about the images, didnt realise there was a limit.

Please one picture per post, others must have links, Exception is the In progress and Finished work Section. Thank you Mike

Edited by Echelon

As far as the body, you could just take that straight-on picture and use something like autocad or inkscape to draw a curve around the body, then scale and print off in sections. Or you could go old school like i did several years ago when I tried to copy a PRS. I took a picture and printed it out. I drew a grid of 1/4" squares on it. Then I took a known dimension (scale length, lower bout diameter, whatever you know) and figured out how many 1/4" squares that was on my picture. Then I scaled it up by drawing a grid of (in my case) 2" squares and then just traced from square to square and got my shape to turn out almost perfect (I say almost because one horn was a little bit pointier than in the picture). I know nothing about this guitars electronics and thus won't comment on it. Total time to draw your own set of plans, maybe 30 minutes and it's free (except for a big piece of paper like poster board).

Hey,

I've tried doing that in CoralDRAW, but the part that stumps me is the bridge/12th fret distance and neck pocket. (and generally any other important/exact measurements)

Edit: Thanks for letting me know mike, wont happen again now I know about it :D

Edited by Echelon

Hey,

I've tried doing that in CoralDRAW, but the part that stumps me is the bridge/12th fret distance and neck pocket. (and generally any other important/exact measurements)

Since you already have the neck, that part is actually pretty easy.

First, start with the center line.

You'll actually want to include the full neck (at least to the nut) in the drawing, since the scale length (25.5") is measured from the nut to bridge (high E saddle). You'll need the width at the nut and the width at the heel, which will give you the taper of the neck pocket (and the rest of the information you'll need to draw in the neck pocket). I usually just put a line at the intonation point.

The center line is the most important part though. That'll help you get the pickups bridge and neck lined up.

Meanwhile, have a look at the Godin Radiator, it's almost exactly the same shape.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it took me a while to say the least, but I now own a tele neck and a suitable piece of wood. After much trying I still have not managed to make any decent plans! :D

Is there anyone here that would be able to draw plans up for me? Or has anyone used guitarplansunlimited.com before?

Thanks,

Dan