Questions Regarding Ibanez Rg Mods

hey everyone im confused on what to do, i was originally planing on buying an ibanez rg1570 but then i had i thought cause i wanted to customize it, i was thinking instead of buying one i could buy those replacement bodies for RG models or jem or whatever and make my own rg with exactly what i want, but are the wood quality in these bodies and stuff good or would it be the best bet to buy the rg1570 and just repaint it??

cheers

-nate

hey everyone im confused on what to do, i was originally planing on buying an ibanez rg1570 but then i had i thought cause i wanted to customize it, i was thinking instead of buying one i could buy those replacement bodies for RG models or jem or whatever and make my own rg with exactly what i want, but are the wood quality in these bodies and stuff good or would it be the best bet to buy the rg1570 and just repaint it??

cheers

-nate

You should start by giving your thread a sensible name :D And the quality of the wood in those bodies will vary, but ultimately the saying 'you get what you pay for' is applicable. How experienced are you at refinishing guitars?

cheers

-nate

You should start by giving your thread a sensible name :D And the quality of the wood in those bodies will vary, but ultimately the saying 'you get what you pay for' is applicable. How experienced are you at refinishing guitars?

lol haha i should of, and ive never refinished a guitar

cheers

-nate

lol haha i should of, and ive never refinished a guitar

I'm going to ignore the fact that your posts make my eyes bleed, and make a suggestion. Go find some cheap hardwood, make up a reasonably sized chunk, say 6" by 6". Then finish that. Take it through all the stages, sanding, grain filling, painting, clearcoating and buffing, until you can get a really awesomely well painted chunk of wood. Then do the same thing on a guitar body. Whether you use your RG or another body. If you can't make that chunk of wood look good, you won't be able to do a guitar.

You should start by giving your thread a sensible name :D

Indeed.

Please try to make your post titles clear and concise, and describe what the thread is about, it makes life easier for other users, and increases your chance of getting a helpful reply. I have changed the name to something more appropriate, next time I'll probably just delete it.

Thank you

-Setch (forum moderator)