Hookup Wire

Woodenspoke

I have been wanting to stock some hookup wire for my shop but found buying small quantities very expensive. I have looked through many big box electronics web sites only to find way too many choices and pricing all over the map.

Does anyone have a supplier they use who sells 100' length rolls in several different configurations, single double and triple groups as well as shielded and unshielded. As possibly braiding to shield loose wire.

Also what specs are you using?

TIA

Edited by Woodenspoke

i just use unshielded 22 gage stranded wire from raidio shack and i haven't had any noise problems but then agian its not like i have wired a not of guitars and most of the ones i have done where active pickups.

but any way you might try raidio shack

or

http://store.guitarfetish.com/guhoupwi22ga.html

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_p...cuit_Wires.html

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_p...cuit_Wires.html

$40 for 100' roll of stranded 22 gauge wire!?!?!?!? I almost choked when I saw that.

Go to All Electronics (google it). They usually have good deals on wire. I've ordered from them a bunch of times. Lots of cool stuff there.

$40 for 100' roll of stranded 22 gauge wire!?!?!?!? I almost choked when I saw that.

Go to All Electronics (google it). They usually have good deals on wire. I've ordered from them a bunch of times. Lots of cool stuff there.

wow sorry i didn't even look at the prices i just remembered seeing it on there when iwas looking around at there site one day

like i said i just go down to radio shack and get mine there its a little pricey (not stewmac pricey) but since i don't go through a lot it isn't really that bad.

but any way you might try radio shack

Humm. Radio shack is not my first choice for hookup wire. I even have a few rolls. Sure I can spend 2X's as much and buy from SM but thats no bargain.

I can find wire at Jameco or Mouser or even Allied who sells Belden wire for $28 per 100' rather than $40 at SM White Hookup wire . But I did have a thought that someone who buys wire more than once a decade has a better supplier, better selection and better price?

Edited by Woodenspoke

but any way you might try radio shack

Humm. Radio shack is not my first choice for hookup wire. I even have a few rolls. Sure I can spend 2X's as much and buy from SM but thats no bargain.

I can find wire at Jameco or Mouser or even Allied who sells Belden wire for $28 per 100' rather than $40 at SM White Hookup wire . But I did have a thought that someone who buys wire more than once a decade has a better supplier, better selection and better price?

$5.75 for 100' of 22 gauge stranded at All Electronics. I know it seems unrealistically cheap, but that's the price on their website. They have shielded 2 and 3 conductor cable, too.

$5.75 for 100' of 22 gauge stranded at All Electronics. I know it seems unrealistically cheap, but that's the price on their website. They have shielded 2 and 3 conductor cable, too.

I didnt like the Idea of guessing about wire quality but I can see from the picture it was Consolidated wire. Looking at the Consolidated site did not raise any red flags so I placed an order. I will see when it comes in what it looks like. yes from $40 to $6 is a good deal.

Now if any one knows about finding shielding Braid cheap let me know.

Edited by Woodenspoke