Printing Guitar Templates.

Snork

Snork:

http://www.kinkos.com/kfp/kfp_download.php

I used this software to send templates to Kinkos. You can use something like AutoCAD Lt to open the file, and then use the Kinko's File Prep tool as a 'virtual' plotter. When you install the Kinkos software, it installs a 'printer' driver that AutoCAD Lt (or whatever software you are using to view the file) can use. When I did this I had to use the A0 size of paper. It sends the file via internet to a local Kinkos and prints it out. When you send the file, it opens a web browser so you can fill out contact info, choose the nearest store, etc. I've used it a few times and it has been a big help. It cost me about $10 for a full size template. The last time that I used it I just printed out a body and headstock template for about $5.

From there I lay a piece of 1/8 plexiglass, draw the centerlines and other reference points, then draw the shape, cut it out, and sand the edges smooth. Pretty accurate.

Anyway, it works well. Good luck.