Great Guitar Footstool / Footrest

GuitarStoolMaker

Why buy those cheap footstools that break easy, squeak while you record and lose their balance when you are trying to play that great solo.

This stool is functional, light and strong. It's stylistic and contemporary look can be used by the guitarist in the studio, home or at live performance.

These stools are made in america and crafted with care.

The Foot Stool measures 7" at the high end and then 5 1/2" at the low end. The stool base is 12" x 6 1/4"

Visit My Website if you are interested in purchase

100_4691sm.JPG

Another happy buyer!

comments.jpg

Edited by GuitarStoolMaker

this is a public classified area? right?

I am a guitar player that has played for over 30 years. I created this footrest to replace the 20.00 metal one I had that kept falling over.

I have other posts and I am interested in sharing guitar related ideas and thoughts on this forum.

and if I get one more 'stool' comment. auggggh!

Guys, come on. Those are nice looking stools, and he's selling them at a fair price. With one post about them in the classified forum, we can hardly accuse him of spamming. Let's give him a chance.

Guitarstoolmaker............... They no doubt are very good and think it's great you're making them to sell.

I got no issues there. A sense of humour would be nice though :D

I got more jokes , but will try to abstain.................

cheers, Stu

Seriously though...why a "foot stool?"

I could see a stool to sit on and record leads or something...but I don't get the foot thing...ever think about making them to sit on?

I use one. The reason is that, on nearly every seat I have used to sit and play guitar, my leg angles too far down when my foot is flat on the floor (I have short legs). I find myself holding the guitar higher by raising my foot onto my toes - and that gets hard to do for long sessions.

So an adjustable foot rest is nice to use. I have one that has 3 positions - good for when the chair is not adjustable.

I saw one like that! then I passed it! :D

Welcome to the site by the way footstool maker!

I see one flaw in your marketing campaign. This is a guitar building site many people here have access to wood offcuts and all the tools necessary to... make their own :D

I have never used a stool (I thought the only use was for monkey entertainment or possbily fertilising... sorry ) but it looks nice!

And just one more I can't resist...

I'd be quite proud if I produced a foot stool I may even take a picture!

Edited by joshvegas

If you are a serious player and want to place the guitar at the height and gain the right posture then the footrest is the tool. It is kind of like having the right pick. Also lots of folks that have non acoustics (i.e. Flying v's or Heavy guitars like Les Paul) prefer this posture while sitting. It is easier on the back and arm.

Well I fit all of those descriptions...but I play Vees BECAUSE I like to stand up while playing...

But I do record sometimes with a les paul on leads...and a footstool would come in quite handy.It is a great idea combined with a regular stool...

Unfortunately like the other guy said...all of us can build one of those in under a half an hour...still worth the price though if someone did not want to spend the time!

I have to say I like your attitude...

Let me ask you this...have you ever considered building a guitar building workbench?It is so hard to find one that is not overpriced...

Perhaps a 2' by 3' table with a slide out tray directly underneath the top...?

If you could build one of those for around a $200 to $300 price range,nice and sturdy and perfectly square...I think they would sell pretty well...nobody has time to make those(I know I don't)...and the ones from sears and the like are overcomplicated and expensive...

hmmm... That is a good idea....Let me think it through. If I do build them and they are a hit; I will share 1/3 of the revenue of the first 5 for your idea.

I really want to get into building Archtops. I have this strange craving for Archtops they have great lines. I am not a jazz guy either, but I like some of the the sounds they can produce (i.e. Seltzer). My influences are in this order George Lynch, E. Clapton, Keb Mo and Les Paul.

I saw Les Paul a few years ago at his club in Manhattan it was amazing....He plays this early version of a Les Paul that is amazing. I didn;t know but he will sign your les paul if you bring it to his show. I hope to get up that way again.

that table idea is a good one.....where can I see a pic?

Well,that is the thing...there really is not a good one to be found.

What I envision isbuilt much like your footstool,except obviously bigger and flat instead of inclined...the top need not be so thick either if it were braced properly...maybe 3/4" I don't know.

But to keep shipping down you would have to build it in 5 pieces with screws supplied and holes all drilled and countersunk..the top,2 side legs,and 2 supports like the footstoo has.

the object being to be able to roll a chair under it for working while seated...because I for one have a hard time leaning over a bench all day..

So it would need a 24" clearance from floor to bottom of structure,with the top only being 30" off the floor...that would leave 5"(taking into account the thickness of the top) for the leg bracing.

Obviously for ultimate support the user should glue it together before screwing,then allow to dry...but that would make one hell of a nice sturdy guitar sized workbench...good for routing and such light work...

and you could find a supplier that makes 1/8" rubber sheeting or so,and include a rolled up rubber mat that could be unrolled and layed on the bench for working on assembly without marring the finish.

I played classical guitar for a bit and had to use a metal collapso 'thing' (I fear I am too late to join in on the inuendos)...

Anyway...they do tend to be adjustable for a reason, the kind of chair you use and your body height and technique makes for a big difference...while this is nice gear and reasonably priced...no one 'thing' is really going to suit all players I suspect.

Plus, this is only a part of the equation...perhaps you should expand to the folding guitar chair kind of thing that people make...although there too, it is a matter of preference.

I played in a jazz band and used my Les Paul...it was the only guitar I had and it worked for everything I was doing. But it is a small guitar...so I built a solid body thing with an old bolt on neck, veneered it, and put one neck HB on it. I designed the shape from my Les Paul but bigger. archtop and acoustics are a lot nicer to play seated and in front of the couch sometimes...in fact I have a project like that at the moment...

But...it is a kind of classical thing really...most acoustic players and electric use a different kind of technique or 'strumming on the couch in front of the TV' kind of approach.

There used to be a cushion thing cut from foam that you could get to put under your LP to lift it up in your lap...ergonomic guitars like the klein shape have this kind of thing in mind also in their shape.

It maybe this that accounts for your archtop ideas...for seated playing, a larger guitar shape is a lot easier...all those studio cats that sat for TV adds and sitcoms sweating it out for 12 hours a day...or down in the orchestra pits...all played 335's and the like...

Anyway...welcome to PG...maybe make a guitar that is comfortable for you to play without the stool...and you will see what I mean...this kind of attribute is rarely mentioned around here when talking guitar designs..

pete

"But...it is a kind of classical thing really...most acoustic players and electric use a different kind of technique or 'strumming on the couch in front of the TV' kind of approach."

I totally disagree and find the TV comment a little insulting, but take it ok I guess. I studied formally classical and Jazz and Rock. I am 6'2 and need the right posture to play while sitting. I will only sit while practicing; using one of my les pauls or other heavy guitar. Most (not all) guitarist that play electric sitting down cross their left leg over their right to gain the height needed (if you are tall this is helpful). I am a right handed player and like to keep my les paul while sitting on my left leg with my right supporting the downward weight of the guitar. I found that the footrest adds that extra confort on your back while playing.

If I am watching TV. I never watch TV when I am playing or writing a new riff.

Edited by GuitarStoolMaker