New Flying V

Ok so I have some extra time after doing a few repairs, so I tossed on some PAINKILLER and went nuts

This is what got

002.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RAZARGUITARS/005.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RAZARGUITARS/006.jpg

Dont expect much on this build I have alot templates to finish and a ton of other builds, this was just some extra fun

Yep I just used a chamfer bit and A router, just make sure that the sides of the guitar are nice and clean and and dont try to take to much off at one time just make a few small passes untill you get it to where you want it

Yep I just used a chamfer bit and A router, just make sure that the sides of the guitar are nice and clean and and dont try to take to much off at one time just make a few small passes untill you get it to where you want it

AND be expecially gentle when you're getting near the points. They can get ripped off and thrown across the room extremely easily.

I'm really digging this one. My only comment would be that because the fretboard edge is slanted, and the headstock is a 6-inline, my mind wants the V body to be offset as well, more like a Rhoads than a Gibson. The bevels are nice; they complement the shape well, especially the rounded cutout.

Also, further proof that you can't go wrong building guitars and listening to Judas Priest.

Oh sorry I should have said something, that neck is not for this guitar its off another build I was just useing it for looks :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Ive Got alot work done on this build!!

Im going with a flamed maple set neck :D , I just glued on the fretboard :D

Now what color should I paint this one?

pics soon

Man, great job!!! I wish I had 1/2 of your ability!

Thanks Man!! Most people have the ability its just a matter of learing how to put it to good use :D

Im Still learing as I go just Like every one On this Forum.

So Ive goten the tuning Peg Holes drilled out and Ive just about got the Neck finished it should be ready to glue in soon

Ok glued the neck in and Now Im doing a bit of sanding and than off to paint, White with Black bevels

Pics Soon

a neck pickup? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH METAL MATT?

HAHA :D even the pickups are a bit odd for me