buzz feiten

Well, I don't think it's illegal to know....

As far as I know are the first 3-5 frets a bit sharp. By moving the nut slightly towards the bridge, you'll get position 1-5 in tune and from on there fretted notes become more or less flat.

Flat notes don't sound as horrible to the human ear as flat notes.

Oh well, I just don't know...just a guess.

Well, I don't think it's illegal to know....

As far as I know are the first 3-5 frets a bit sharp. By moving the nut slightly towards the bridge, you'll get position 1-5 in tune and from on there fretted notes become more or less flat.

Flat notes don't sound as horrible to the human ear as flat notes.

Oh well, I just don't know...just a guess.

It's not illegal to know, it's illegal to *tell* it's also illegal to *sell* the services unless you're an authorized installer for the next, oh, 13 years of so.

ever heard of the earvana nut system http://www.earvana.com its supposed to be something similar in that the first 5 frets have truer chordings, it shortens the strings a bit towards the bridge, from what i gather its based on same concept of the buzz system, or at least thats what i think they are saying, and to me looks like an easier mod , thats why im considering it for my 2 projects right now, but i havent decided yet

The basics of Feiten...

The nut, according to Buzz, is in the wrong position!

So his system involves adjusting the nut a few millimeters.

But this is not enough.

The intonation is also altered.

It's set slightly "off", by specific amounts per string.

Also, when all this is done, you have to tune your guitar in a certain way.

The ONLY way you should tune after installation is E (open 1st) to E (5th fret, 2nd string), E (open 1st)

to E (9th fret, 3rd string), and so on. Also, you cannot do the intonation yourself, unless you have a digital tuner with the Feiten settings programmed in.

I think Korg makes one....

Please don't track me down and kill me if I'm wrong on any of this. I'm simply paraphrasing as much as I can remember.

And at the this age, it ain't much!

:D