Neck Through, How Do You Drill For Pickup Wires?

I'm currently building my first neck-through electric and I've run into a bit of a problem.

Usually on our set necks and bolt ons we use a really long drill bit and go from the neck pickup route into the bridge pickup route. But since the neck (in effect) is already glued in it makes it impossible to do it that way.

So how do you guys do it?

I'm currently building my first neck-through electric and I've run into a bit of a problem.

Usually on our set necks and bolt ons we use a really long drill bit and go from the neck pickup route into the bridge pickup route. But since the neck (in effect) is already glued in it makes it impossible to do it that way.

So how do you guys do it?

Daniel,

I locate my cable jack hole so I can go through the cable jack hole with the long bit and drill to each pickup cavity.

MK

i route a channel onto the side of the neck blank between where the pickup routes will be... before glueing the wings on. Then i drill from bridge pickup to control cavity as normal

Do the channel big enough so it wont fill with glue... or put a straw in it, but i have never needed to