Truss Rod

ColBry

hmm... haven't used the Gotoh, but here are a couple I've used that but...

Here's on I have used. It only requires a 3/8" vs. the StewMac which requires 7/16"

Here is another along the same specs.

I realize it's only 1/16th of an inch, but on neck profile, that can be significant.

There are quite a few of us that build basses on here, so I positive there will be more feedback.

Ebay seller "bezdez" also has really nice ones, even cheaper.

That's good to hear, I just ordered a couple from him. I've bought things from him before with great luck too.

Do you remember offhand what the trench width and depth for the bezdez rods were? If I could route that out now, I can start cutting down the neck blank while I'm waiting for the postman.

Paul

It's 1/4" wide and 3/8 deep, but you'd do best to wait till you have it anyway, less guesswork.

One thing about these is that they are a tad deeper right where the bottom rod goes thru the collar, which holds it away from the top rod by about .020".

I use a 1/4" chisel like a scraper there and shave the bottom of the channel it till the rod fits right.