Routing Trem Cavity

L0Rd

Hey guys,

Im now finished with the electronics on my pickguard and now, I need to route a trem cavity... I have a brand new Ibanez Edge Pro that I need to install on my Strat... The thing is that I need to route a Trem cavity so it can be parallel to the guitar body like here

ep_angle2.jpg

... I need mesurements and instruction and all I can find is this: http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/

and this http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=633 but I cant find the damn new edge Pro mesurements!. I do not want to do it wrong so I please that you help me! You already did in the past and I trust you for your good advices,

Thanks!

Edited by L0Rd

...or if anybody here has a Ibanez Jem and is kind enough to take the dimensions, I think it is the same bridge...

Hello I have done some looking for you and havent found anything either really your best bet is trial and error.First try out doing a rout according to the diminsions in that catalog into a 2x4 or something.If it doesn't work just trace around your trem making it a little bigger to allow for some moving room and rout that at different depths into the 2x4 until you find the sweet spot.The depths are probably very similar to a floyd roses cause I don't think ibanez would try to reinvent the whole wheel.If you need some more help pm me and I might be able to draw some up for you.Best regards cheers.

Thanks jtmullet, I will try on a piece of solid wood to go any further. Another question I have is, what is the distance between the saddle and the 12th fret I have to mesure? I think It's called the center of intonation... Should I use the same as my American made Fender as a reference or it varies?

Thank you for all your help. Really.

Thanks jtmullet, I will try on a piece of solid wood to go any further. Another question I have is, what is the distance between the saddle and the 12th fret I have to mesure? I think It's called the center of intonation... Should I use the same as my American made Fender as a reference or it varies?

Thank you for all your help. Really.

It depends on what the fret scale is. On a fender strat for instance it has a 25 1/2 in fret scale so when you have the sadles on the bridge centered to where there is a equal amount of adjustment forword and backword the saddle would be 25 1/2 in from the nut. But say its got a 24 3/4 fret scale like a gibson (wich technically is a 24 9/16 scale but for arguments sake will just say its 24 3/4) the sadles would 24 3/4 in from the nut.