progress with dremel

Snork

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would think you should have the top glued onto the body wood before cutting the monkey grip.

other than that...a tip.get the dremel base and only set the depth to cut about 1/8" at a time.i have a feeling you just tried to cut in freehand with no practice ,didn't you?

draw a line and use a router bit,like i said.the 1/4" double fluted bits are best for that.

I remember in the Hiscock book, he's relating shooting a guitar with only an airbrush as "trying to bail out the ocean with a teaspoon"...or something along those lines...

Was it like that? :D

PS, along with Wes' recommendations, if you don't have the Stew-Mac Dremel Router baseplate, you'll be 'a needin' that too.

Errrrmmm Snork I don't want to be rude or anything but isn't it true that several...no wait, MANY people here have warned you not to go crazy on your guitar project when all you have is a Dremel. You read all those posts, shrugged them off and said "I'm gonna try it anyways"? Now you don't even have the routing bits for your tool (!) and you complain that you're having problems? I can't help but grin a little bit. I do feel guilty for it but still...

Anyways I wish I could help you but I can't offer any more advice than "you need the right tools"...

so long

ace