progress with dremel

Snork

nobody thinks you are an idiot..and why try to hide the fact that you are a newbie...if you do like coen suggests then by the end of your first guitar you will know all you need to make more.then you can become the guy that tells newbs that they are on the wrong path.

we have all been there.

i once asked if i could use a hair dryer to speed dry laquer...haha lgm really got me on that one :DB)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snork dont get bummed out! heck i need a shop! its raining and freezing right now where i live! heres what you gotta do, first make a list of all the tools you need to build a guitar or i'll start it for you, these are the basics-

1. router(harborfreight.com)

2. router bits, a flush temp. bit , straight bit , and a roundover will do, (home depot)

3. sand paper 80,100,120,150,220 grits(home depot)

4. files, rough rasp and smooth bastard cut(home depot)

5. block plane, not nessecary but they help! (home depot)

6. double sided tape for templates

7. 1/4" plywood for template material or lexan(form of plexyglass) from depot

8. tightbond glue(home depot)

9. few clamps(depot)

10. rulers and a straight edge(depot)

this should be able to get you started in guitar building so print it out and give it to santa and you;;e have that whole week to buckle down and have fun building! if there is anything i missed guys feel free to add on.

snork patience is the key! there have been a few times were i get truelly pissed off in the shop and i make myself leave because its not worth screwing something else up because of an attitude because after you do you wil hate yourself even more!

so just take it easy and go step by step and trust me if you get the tools you will be soooooooo happy and they are totally a huge help in th ebuilding process!

When I was still an 'idiot', I wasn't even on-line yet.

Wanna know how many mistakes I made?

Care to take a wild guess?

Wanna know how many times I threw a body at the cinderblock wall outside and smashed it up good before tossing the shards in the trash? Grrrrrrrr! :D

Wanna know how much money I wasted?

...Believe me Snork, you're in good hands with Allstate.

Stick around, you're doing just fine...seriously. :D

:D PS, why do I always double-space everything??? B)

snork dont get bummed out! heck i need a shop! its raining and freezing right now where i live! heres what you gotta do, first make a list of all the tools you need to build a guitar or i'll start it for you, these are the basics-

1. router(harborfreight.com)

2. router bits, a flush temp. bit , straight bit , and a roundover will do, (home depot)

3. sand paper 80,100,120,150,220 grits(home depot)

4. files, rough rasp and smooth bastard cut(home depot)

5. block plane, not nessecary but they help! (home depot)

6. double sided tape for templates

7. 1/4" plywood for template material or lexan(form of plexyglass) from depot

8. tightbond glue(home depot)

9. few clamps(depot)

10. rulers and a straight edge(depot)

this should be able to get you started in guitar building so print it out and give it to santa and you;;e have that whole week to buckle down and have fun building! if there is anything i missed guys feel free to add on.

snork patience is the key! there have been a few times were i get truelly pissed off in the shop and i make myself leave because its not worth screwing something else up because of an attitude because after you do you wil hate yourself even more!

so just take it easy and go step by step and trust me if you get the tools you will be soooooooo happy and they are totally a huge help in th ebuilding process!

something to think about rye...travel trailers can be found cheap and beat up...and they would make a great wood shop with a good unit on the top to keep the temperature right.