help lil' snorkie post section

Snork

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

specific gravity? gravity is universal 3.14 somethin per somethin. no such thing as specific density.

anyway people just wreck me in the auction rant forums. dont take it out by banning me. try lifting a veneer of maple and then try lifting a 1/8 thick piece of acrylic same length width. you'll feel a major difference

specific gravity? gravity is universal 3.14 somethin per somethin. no such thing as specific density.

Oh!!! I'm getting a better picture of you. How old are you? I assumed you've at least learned this stuff in high school.

It's 9.8m/s^2 and that's acceleration due to gravity. Specific gravity is a measure of density.

im 15 in biology no physics yet. crap your right about the acceleration 3.14 is something else. but i still dont see how acrylic is as dense as wood. that doesnt make any sense. wood weighs more. i even weighed the maple and i weighed the acrylic. and it checked out 17 lbs for the maple and 13 lbs for the acrylic. but maybe its the quality of the acrylic at the hardware store. i dont kow.

im 15 in biology no physics yet. crap your right about the acceleration 3.14 is something else. but i still dont see how acrylic is as dense as wood. that doesnt make any sense. wood weighs more. i even weighed the maple and i weighed the acrylic. and it checked out 17 lbs for the maple and 13 lbs for the acrylic. but maybe its the quality of the acrylic at the hardware store. i dont kow.

Density is a ratio of unit mass divided by unit volume. That's probably why you're confused. Specifiy gravity is a relationship to water density. Water has SG of 1. Clear acrylic is 1.19, and that link I posted early stated that maple is 0.755.

And I accept your apology if you care to offer one. :D

Ah yes, 2 of my favorite things to hate being displayed by one member here. Arrogance, and Ignorance. I remember when I was 15 and I knew absolutely everything too.......

Ask for help, and then argue everything and take stabs at the people trying to help you.

Well, good luck with your project, I hope you succeed, I REALLY like over at Jemsite how you called everyone a bunch of dumb newbie builders though, that was a class act, with only 4 posts yet too. Good deal Snork.

First thing you need to learn in guitar building, is acceptance, acceptance in that somebody might have some experience with this and knows what they are talking about, and acceptance that you might not know everything.

Oh, one last thing, I'd take an astronomy course with that physics, then you might learn that the universe does NOT revolve around you :D

ya know what.... i think im going to take a break from the forum and let my name clear cause i think i've pretty much pissed off everyone on the forum so.. time to lay low for a while

You've pissed everyone off because you ask advice and then proceed to tell everyone how wrong they are.

You have demonstrated the typical 15 year old "I know it all and you can't tell me different" syndrome. Your posts have maintained an air of immaturity, (in your lack of respect for others knowledge as well as high school analogies, wearing a condom and a nice curvy chest? probably 2 things you've got as much experience with as guitar building).

You want people to take you seriously, try taking them seriously, don't insult others intelligence and tell everyone who HAS done certain things you're thinking of that they are wrong.

Common sense and common courtesy go a long way.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
NAY!!!!! tis' a task i'm obligated to. And i cant seem to find a guide to direct coupling. Are there clips or something i need to attach to the pickups and push them into teh wood or what? Or do i cut a hole in the neck for the pickups and somehow just push them into the wood?

Should have seen early on how this would go.

hahaaha. lay the acrylic positioned on the top as i want. then apply heat. and the acrylic will conform to the contours. w00t. done it 100 times

Well, you brought the subject up. I presume to start a fight.

first off thick acrylic is expensive as all hell, almost as expensive as wood. and your tone would probably be SO muddy. it wouldnt even be funny. I'd think that an acrylic fretboard would be DEAD sexy, but then again it would scratch like all hell

Here again

i just happened to know that acrylic is an extremely sound dampening material. www.omegamp.com www.xoxideforums.com i've worked with it for over 4 years now. completed many projects with it

Ok. But what relevence does this have to guitars?

computer cases are VERY rarely made from wood. and i was talking about special fan things called fan shims usually made from a completly non resonant material such as acrylic. i made a computer speaker housing a tweet a sub and 2 mid speakers. all were attached through the acrylic to stealth the wires and lead to the grounding metal. however the sound SUCKED. The tones were mixed, but it looked cool. No bass what soever dispite the subwoofer. total crap for tonal exchange

Same piont. Furthermore, how, if there was NO bass, how was the sound muddy? It would be tinny if there was no bass.

ok regarding the comment about acrylic being heavy. NO WAY DUDE. compared to wood acrylic is a feather. I still say acrylic is one raunchy tone

Acrilic is heavy stuff. The density, as mentioned

you guys are so dumb. WOOD IS POROUS. ACRYLIC IS A MANUFACTURED PLASTIC WITH NO PORES! IT WEIGHS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS THAN WOOD. HOly crap you guys are so stupid when you diss me about this SH**. try looking up the density of acrylic and compare it to maple.

Why so defensive? I think you got caught, and are trying to divert the focus.

wood is pourous so it floats. it has boyant propierties. i.e pumice a very pourous rock floats. you stupid a$$ sh**s

Um, they said that first. Acrylic is heaier because of it's non pourus nature.

i meant the people that said that acrylic is heavy. not the people who help me. not tsl or wes or any of you guys. just relax dont ban me. maple is much heavier than acrylic.

Panic mechanism.

anyway people just wreck me in the auction rant forums. dont take it out by banning me. try lifting a veneer of maple and then try lifting a 1/8 thick piece of acrylic same length width. you'll feel a major difference

First stage of a victim stance. Another defense mechanism. Also, the 1/8" acrylic is thiker and still heavier. Bad anology.

they dissed me and they were completly wrong

More victim stance

but i still dont see how acrylic is as dense as wood. that doesnt make any sense. wood weighs more

No, I thought this was settled. Trying to divert the focus again?

sorry for blowing up but i still dont know about that. can someone prove me wrong not to challenge but instead of throwing facts around can we get something solid in here?

Um, I think it was proven by as you said "throwng facts around. The only thing more solid than the facts in this thread, seemigly is your head.

ya know what.... i think im going to take a break from the forum and let my name clear cause i think i've pretty much pissed off everyone on the forum so.. time to lay low for a while

Yes, I believe that is what spammers do. Forgive me if I used the wrong term, but it appears that way to me.

Ok. Just stuff I learned in college, when I was going to be a counselor. Along with some *** are you talking about?