Waterbased Filler And Nitro

SMellmo

I am in the finishing stage of my LP build. Grain filler seems to be hard to find where i live. I've checked at home depot and other local hardware stores (there are no "real" woodworking store near me). Most of the grain filler i've found are waterbased pore filler.. the kind you use to cover nails holes in mouldings. I just can't find source for mcfadden or behlen filler(and products) in Canada.

I was browsing through stewmac website looking for the colortone dye when i found their grain filler . Since it is waterbased i can order it from the US. I planned on using nitro clear. Since the grain filler is waterbased, would they react together?

Are you unable to get a local supplier for zpoxy? It's quite common and being an epoxy tends to hold up rather well and be easy to use. If you're not dealing with large pores, shellac works great - you're using nitro, so you don't have to worry about the problems with shellac and polyurethane.

Zinser Bullseye seal coat, only the Zinser sealcoat product is wax free. I have not seen this at the big box stores or my local Ace hardware store, had to order it online from Rockler. Has a 3 year shelf life. Also the Shellac Shack has good deals on super blond shellac flakes but you need to mix it with alcohol.