Reliable Places To Buy Kits

Hey, I was looking to start building.

And of course one of the easiest ways to start would be with a kit, right? So I've been planning to buy an LP kit, and I've been looking for something like a basswood or mahogany body, maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. Pretty standard, but hell, this is just a practice build. Anything that's worth bulding is fine.

I looked at a bunch of websites and ebay vendors, but I wanted to know if anybody has specific websites to buy kits at. I'm only fourteen, and my parents are very identity-theft wary and internet retarded, so I need somewhere that is really reliable.

Any thoughts?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread or posted something that's been posted a million times already...you have to make mistakes to fit into a community.

Peace.

RAC :D

Seems sound...what about the quality of those pickups? (I could easily replace them with pickups of my choise...right?)

Sorry, very new to this, and I read all the tutorials start-to-finish (not the ones in the forum though) but I'm still a little shaky without any real experience.

Thanks. :D:D

Edited by RageAgainstCapitolism

Here's another idea for you. Go on Craigslist and find something that needs work. Then take it apart and fix it. That's what got me started. I grabbed a Yamaha EG112, took it apart, and put it back together again with new pickups. Then I sold it to a friend for a profit of ten bucks. That's a much cheaper way to get into things.