Where To Buy Phophoric Acid-based Flux Online?

farren

I've tried repeatedly to solder a ground wire to my stainless steel trem claw, and have been unsuccessful. Apparently, phosphoric acid flux is what is needed for soldering to stainless surfaces. I've already roughed up the metal at the point I intend to solder to, but my solder won't stick alone. Could someone direct me to a place where I can order this type of flux? I've had no luck looking online, and I'm positive nowhere in town sells it.

I've tried repeatedly to solder a ground wire to my stainless steel trem claw, and have been unsuccessful. Apparently, phosphoric acid flux is what is needed for soldering to stainless surfaces. I've already roughed up the metal at the point I intend to solder to, but my solder won't stick alone. Could someone direct me to a place where I can order this type of flux? I've had no luck looking online, and I'm positive nowhere in town sells it.

Try going to a hardware store and getting some plumber's solder there. I understand that that type of solder is different than the type that you use to solder electronic components...

Edited by Paul Marossy