Hi, New Here... Question About This Book

Hi all.. .New here and wanting to make my own guitar. Was at a book store at lunch, was looking through this book

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Your-Own-Elect...By=addThreeStar

Was wondering if anyone has this book and has built the guitar from the template? Here is my situation though. I'm interested in building the body, but not the neck, Are the plans in this book standard sizes such that i should be able to buy a neck to put with this body?

Thanks for the help!

Rick

I thumbed through that book a little. Seemed ok, but what got me with this other book is a couple things, nice clear color pics and the fact that it came with a template already.

is there something that makes the book you guys mentioned better than the one I mentioned?

And yes, did see you're PM Viking.. I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

Rick

Hey Rick,

I can't say I've read both books but I have read the Melvin Hiscock one and there are few things that strike me as advantages to this one imparticular:

It not only teaches you how to build "a" guitar (3 in fact) it teaches you how to build "any" guitar.

Most of the guys (many of them top quality builders) here have read and know it's contents cover to cover and that means you can quote it and ask questions and such and the guys will know exactly what your talking about.

Once you've read a few chapters you'll find that Template's are the easy part (you can design them yourself or get them off the net real easy. The hard part is understanding what you're trying to acheive. Melvin is great for that.

anyway...that's my 2 cents! :D

Hey Rick,

I can't say I've read both books but I have read the Melvin Hiscock one and there are few things that strike me as advantages to this one imparticular:

It not only teaches you how to build "a" guitar (3 in fact) it teaches you how to build "any" guitar.

3 different guitars? What styles are they? Sounds very cool.