Coolest Body Shapes

Nice looking guitar Pete, and really interesting neck reinforcement. Reminds me of the Parker necks, but with a added outer shell made out of wood. We had a discussion years ago about were to place carbon in a neck for the ultimate reinforcement and that neck is very close to the "scientifically" ultimate placement. That one was new to me. Do you have a link (yeah, I'm lazy, I could google it. I know...)? Makes me wounder how much control one would have over such a neck. Might be too stiff to be able to get a decent relief.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone's cup of tea...but some fine workmanship and some unique neck construction features...LINK

:D I did link :D the blue hyperlinks on the guitar specs will take you t different features...

liftopsj.jpg

Has this unusual raised middle hump...called a "lift top" ...the maker uses a lot of trademarked "innovations".

Also, entirely hollow and light weight yet retains a lot of curves...the top is composite reinforced and has no internal centreblock and is only 3mm thick.

Here is a link to all manner of "unique features (weird "smile frets", handwound pickups, etc)

The fingerboard has a computer controlled surface called "Complex Radius Fingerboard " btw which is why they want an immovable neck that doesn't adjust...they claim to have calculated the arch of the string in motion at every fret position and bending...or so they say...

complex.jpg

Still...here is a home link...http://www.kritz.com/...but it says "all activities are cancelled"...maybe the innovated and hyped their way into inexistance!

pete

:D I did link :D

B) And I need to learn to read B)

Thanks Pete

Yes...it appealed to my overindulging on "innovation"...sometimes you can do just a little too much! Perhaps one or two of those ideas may be of interest. It all looks incredibly difficult and expensive as a total package to create...probably why they don't seem to be making them anymore. They did have a full range of instruments, so there must be a few about out there.

Hey, that's interesting.

I remember when I was doing some Telecaster research a few years ago I stumbled onto that (Kritz) guys' website with the 'ramp' or 'hump' bridge, I thought it was a pretty neat idea and thought about incorporating it into a Tele one day, but lost the link over time.

Small world... :D

Don't stuff-around making something you can buy off-the-shelf

If you're going to build something then make it different!

agreed

the reason I'D build something i can buy off the shelf is because its cheaper. i tallied up the cost for the guitar build im doing right now and it came out to about 550 bucks. im going to do a prs copy. but 550 is a lot cheaper than 3000 :-P

Don't stuff-around making something you can buy off-the-shelf

If you're going to build something then make it different!

agreed

the reason I'D build something i can buy off the shelf is because its cheaper. i tallied up the cost for the guitar build im doing right now and it came out to about 550 bucks. im going to do a prs copy. but 550 is a lot cheaper than 3000 :-P

Agreed, if you like it, and can make it for a whole lot less, then go for it.

I second the Jazzmaster/Jaguar, especially in walnut

Though Fender sucks at making guitars, honestly. It wouldn't take much for them to step up the quality just a bit and make their guitars wayy better.

552567.jpg

I like my own version of the LP. A neck that won't snap off and rounded edges so that it doesn't stab you in the ribs.

And of course, our good friend the Tele

P1020290.jpg

Your design looks awesome, Avenger

I've noticed in the pictures that everyone puts their strap buttons in the centre of the back of the guitar

I find the guitar tends to swivel or tilt in the standing position (unless Steat type guitap)

So on my guitars I've put the strap button just "north" of the centre and it sits more comfortably

I just wanted to say something

lol

Got any gopd gear?

"the scotch is nice but more so with Goodgear"

I like to put my strap button a little bit north of center, and then another one the same distance below the center line. When I take a break between sets or during practice, I can lean my guitar up against the amp, and it doesn't have that awful tendency to tip over, as it's got two points on the bottom it's resting on, rather than one. I also find I like the balance of it a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

Steinberger GL-series? :D

for more conservative shapes, the MusicMan Axis (sorry EVH Wolfgang, you suck by comparison), Schecter 006, or good ol' Tele.

I always found this particular guitar to be very cool...Pat Metheny´s signature model.

http://img1.cdn.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/0...48e510_full.gif

Maybe it could work out as a solidbody too...would it be a single or double cutaway?

hhmmmm

That looks a lot like one of my new shapes. I'm already well into making a couple of them, though. I think it looks different enough that no one will care. Whoever designed that obviously had the same concept in mind as me. Mine are all solid so far, though. I was planning on doing a hollowbody in that shape next, but I might rethink it after seeing that.

The actual body of mine (as opposed to just the outline) looks very different. I'll try to remember to get some pictures this week and I'll post them.

From this thread:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=40278

picture4lsd.png

Edit:

I do have a picture of the template I made:

img0151hlp.jpg

No jokes about my "router table." :D It's actually solid as a rock.

Edited by NotYou