How I Finished My "horny" Ibanez.

Thought Id put up some pics showing the process I used to refinish the guitar.

[img=http://i40.tinypic.com/hvz3x2.jpg]

bare wood,34o8r3o.jpg Two pack primer 4 coats , after being blocked back to get it truly level with more primer, next two pack black 3 coats16iiip0.jpg,after sanding back with 800 grit paper I masked and applied the the red bevilsrc9ehc.jpg,After applying the graffix I then gave it 2 coats of two pack clear, mocked up to see the final look.2s9py6c.jpg,then another rub with 1200 grit paper and one final finishing coat of extra thinned two pack clearnyzcew.jpg5acl2.jpgAnd finally finished! :D

Nice build bro, what 2 pak did you end up using ie brand etc how easy was it to buff and polish ? reason is I am looking at doing a 2pak finish on my next build and any advice always greatly appreciated CHEERS!

There are dozens of 2k paint brands available in the uk and nothing much to separate them on performance etc. Just be aware of the health and safety risks associated with such products

Nice build bro, what 2 pak did you end up using ie brand etc how easy was it to buff and polish ? reason is I am looking at doing a 2pak finish on my next build and any advice always greatly appreciated CHEERS!

My work uses chem-spec paints but any descent quality two pack paint would be fine,as far as polishing goes theres no need as two pack paints retain a full gloss straight off the gun.Its a great product but is not for the inexperienced,very toxic,and easy to get paint runs grrrrrrrr! I used an extra fast hardener for this one cause of the complex shape of the horns,it drys quicker and hence less time for runs and sags to form.Good luck.