Paint Stand

reamer

Anyone else build or buy something similar to this for painting?

If you built it, can I see pictures, and what did you use. If you bought it, where?

I'm thinking of using conduit for it. Using some 3/4" for mounting the guitar, sliding it over a 1/2" arm to allow rotation. And probably building

the base out of wood since I have no welding skills...

Thoughts / opinions?

paintstand.jpg

That one looks a lot like the one in Charvel's videos. But I will not recommend using the fan in that picture. You need a fan that the motor is external from the mount. (explosion proof), the gases that you paint will go thru the motor and can ignite leaving a nice fireball. Also you need some kind of filter so that you are not contaminating the environment and your neighbors.

Yeah, the pic is from Charvel...I am only intersted in the stand, I got the other stuff, with fans, etc. covered. I know I can build something to work the same,

I was just looking to see if anyone else had done so, and what they used. Or if there is something like this out there to buy. No need to re-invent the wheel

if there is a cheap one to buy. The one on Stew gives me more ideas as well!

Now that I have been staring at it...the base almost looks like the wheels on docks for raising the lifts! Maybe I will chech those out, and see how much they are. I am surprise not many have chimed in on this. Do most of you just hang your stuff? It seems like this would be the ultimate way to spray a guitar, since you can spin the body around, and rotate the whole thing around. Allowing for even coverage, and even be able to let it dry in a flat position...or am I just over thinking it?

I too was inspired by the Charvel videos, and their painting rig, so I came up with something not nearly as complicated and expensive, but serves my purpose.

Basically, I built it out of spare stuff I had lying around: I took a 3/4" piece of laminted plywood, roughly 2'x3', and mounted a 1-1/2' length of 2x4 to it, using angle brackets. Several inches from the top of the 2x4, I drilled out a 3/4" hole to put the holder/hanger bar through (the common bar that everybody attaches to the neck screwholes of the body.) I simply sit this on top of an old dresser that I use. I can turn the body by rotating the bar within the 2x4's hole. additionally, for when I want to shoot the body in a vertical position, I have a pipe adaptor flange, mounted, at the center-point of the base, that I can slip the holder bar into:

PaintingRig.jpg

Nice! Are you painting in the shower?

What did you use for teh stand it is on? Chairs are just too short...I did see a parts stand on wheels at Menards for like $50 that could be used. I also found my dock guy can get me a Winch Wheel for around $30. I'm going to check one out and see if it is sturdy enough. Then I'll be up and running.

I like your jig however!

Nice! Are you painting in the shower?

What did you use for teh stand it is on? Chairs are just too short...I did see a parts stand on wheels at Menards for like $50 that could be used. I also found my dock guy can get me a Winch Wheel for around $30. I'm going to check one out and see if it is sturdy enough. Then I'll be up and running.

I like your jig however!

Yup.

KTM-9 in the shower anytime!!!!

I am wheelchair bound and spraying anything upright is a pain. So this is how I do it.

Roll in shower makes it easy!

That is one of them drum machine stands.

I just found an old rotisserie motor from an old grill...Maybe I will integrate it into this design!!!

I will be adding an overspray collector soon.