Innovations

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the split/stereo pickup question:

Suppose I took a lipstick-type pickup (because they're fairly narrow) and lined it up parallel to the bass strings?

I think it would look cool, but I wonder what kind of sound that would produce, since it will be covering a longer length of the strings. Presumably I'd be able to use the height adjusters to emphasize one side of the pickup over the other.

This would give me the option of installing a second lipstick in a similar fashion for the treble strings (perhaps angled to catch more strings) --I could run that through a switch into the bridge pickup's circuit, if I wanted.

That way, I could use the bridge pickup for a 'normal' guitar sound. Or switch to the lipsticks for a more separated sound.

he has made weirder...i will try and find a way of posting from my library...one has a tremolo that wobbles the neck!

bunker_0001.jpg

some people are too innovative...hahaha...not bad for 1967, proving that all this kind of thing has been thought or even done before!

• 2 years later...

I like the idea of "true pitch" rather than "tempered pitch" but thats impossible with a fretted instrument

(This idea just couldn't work but its still an idea and I'll mention it)

:D

IbanezTT_vanster.gif

http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php?go=5&sgo=0

http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php?go=4&sgo=0#A1

Back to the split/stereo pickup question:

Suppose I took a lipstick-type pickup (because they're fairly narrow) and lined it up parallel to the bass strings?

I think it would look cool, but I wonder what kind of sound that would produce, since it will be covering a longer length of the strings. Presumably I'd be able to use the height adjusters to emphasize one side of the pickup over the other.

This would give me the option of installing a second lipstick in a similar fashion for the treble strings (perhaps angled to catch more strings) --I could run that through a switch into the bridge pickup's circuit, if I wanted.

That way, I could use the bridge pickup for a 'normal' guitar sound. Or switch to the lipsticks for a more separated sound.

I think you would have problems with the magnet in the pup supressing the vibrations of the string.