Best 60s English guitar heroes???

Vendelcrow

Who is your favourite English guitar hero of the 60ies  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with Page being a little sloppy on stage and I feel the same way about Blackmore. But their studio work was awesome. Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Martin Barre (Jethro Tull), the late Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck, Pete Townshend, David Gilmour, Eric Clapton, Mick Abrahams (early Jethro Tull), Mick Box (Uriah Heep). Most of those guys were doing stuff in the 60's but didn't really get any recognition until the 70's. But they were all unique, they were the pioneers, riding the crest of a huge wave. No comparing, btw.

How about Canadian guitarists? Randy Bachman (Guess Who), Frank Marino (Mahogany Rush), David Henman (April Wine) and Kim Mitchell come to mind, any others?

Tony McFee. Guitarist out of the Groundhogs. Went to see them (original lineup reformed for about 4 gigs) earlier in the year. Absolutely top bloke, even dedicated a song for my old mans birthday. He might not Rory Gallagher but the mans got the blues. If any of you get chance to catch any of his acoustic stuff it's well worth the night out.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
I dont get why people like jimmy page. stairway to heaven is a mad crap-o-la song. And his live material in 2 words is rediculously sloppy. I mean just rediuculous, I can feel for a few mistakes as long as its from the heart, but CHRIST man this guy needs to learn a lil' from mr. cooley here.

Jimmy page is sloppy, but thats his style. Stairway is a cliche` I'll give ya that. But I like the slop, it gives a fel to it that I just dig. That's why I dont like a lot of studio recordings of bands, Kiss specifically. It sounds too polished. The raw sound turns me on.