Dimarzio On-on-on Dpdt Switch

aggravated_alien

Sorry about the tittle is a 4PDT

This what is looks like.

35629983-177x150-0-0.jpg

I had a music shop wire my guitar up a few years ago they used a Dimarzio On On On switch in place of a Gibson style toggle Switch.

The is the second guitar I have wired from scratch the first being a Parts Caster

I did everything from copper shielding to star grounding, It was a great success.

I decided to do the same to my other guitar but I have no idea how to wire the switch correctly.

Both pickups work but when I put the toggle switch in the middle position I only hear one pickup.

This is the full diagram except mine is star grounded.

Circuit.JPG

Edited by aggravated_alien

I couldn't find any documentation

So I did some testing.

Touching the bottom Left lug and center with the toggle in the Left position tests fine.

Touching the bottom Right lug and center with the toggle in the Middle position is completely dead.

Touching the bottom Right lug and center with the toggle in the Right position tests fine.

The center lug and every other lug tests fine.

The question is what do I do now.

Edited by aggravated_alien

Touching the bottom Right lug and center with the toggle in the Middle position is completely dead.

What happens to the left lug and the centre with toggle in the middle?

Are you sure it is on-on-on...not on-off-on?

there are some very unusal on-on-on switches and I have never seen such a complicated switch for such an easy task so not played with these types, but I do know the switch logic can be quite unlikely and you may have to use a combination of those lugs to get the required effect. That means testing every lug with the center positions to see what it is doing.

that's kind of why i avoided the information, the picks help but without knowing the switch logic it is very hard to tell. I have some 4pdt 3 way switches here of a different type, and I still haven't got round to mapping the logic. I do know mine are a little strange though

pete