Spray Booth Or Your Version Of One

Seems like I am always struggling with finding a mix between not stinking up my shop and therefor my house vs using water based finishes. At least when I want to spray. I dont find the wipe on Poly that big a deal to do indoors.

I'm interested to see what you have used to overcome your issues spraying more toxic finishes in your home shop. I have thought about moving my spraying operations to my garage except the wind around here (Colorado) is constant and I worry about dust contamination.

Pictures are always welcome.

i have had great success just shooting my guitars outside on a nice day. I may be the exception to the rule, but i have had no problems with dust or bugs in my finish due to the rapid skimming over of the finish i use. I use behlen stringed instrument laquer and it dries to the light touch very quickly. Now i dont try this when neighbors are mowing there lawn. But even then i dont think i would have a problem. This is coming from a guy who works in a body shop and has access to a full spray booth. Its just more convenient and the results are just as good spraying outside. I would like to see other solutions though.

I only spray water based paint in my basement so if I wan't to use a 2 part clear over my finish I use SprayMax 2k cans and I pick a nice day to spray outside. It would be nice to have a proper spray area for year round use where I could spray anything. My spray booth is a box fan with a filter attached to it with a wood frame and clear plastic. It folds up so I can get it out of the way when I don't need it. I want to build a frame for the fan so that I can drop in a new filter without having to go tape crazy to seal everything off.

My spray booth http://www.flickr.com/photos/18783498@N07/2857738726/