Removing Neck Finish....

RGXDave

Hey, I've got an Allparts 70s Strat neck on my current Strat project, but I'm still not totally happy with it, even after putting finish on. It's got some spots on it [pics enclosed] and it seems to collect dirt a lot easier then my Tele which also has a maple neck. I'm assuming the spots on the neck are due to something wrong with the finish. My question is, how do I safely remove the finish from the fretboard of the [1 piece] maple neck without damaging it? Thanks.

003.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Note: This hovers around the 3rd, 4th and 5th frets. The dirt seems to collect between the 9th and 13th frets.

Hey, I've got an Allparts 70s Strat neck on my current Strat project, but I'm still not totally happy with it, even after putting finish on. It's got some spots on it [pics enclosed] and it seems to collect dirt a lot easier then my Tele which also has a maple neck. I'm assuming the spots on the neck are due to something wrong with the finish. My question is, how do I safely remove the finish from the fretboard of the [1 piece] maple neck without damaging it? Thanks.

003.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Note: This hovers around the 3rd, 4th and 5th frets. The dirt seems to collect between the 9th and 13th frets.

bump