first ever body...

i am looking to make my first ever body, even though i have just refinished my old one, i want to jump straight into another as it was soooooooo fun. i really really love the gibson SG style body and wondered if anyone had the plans for this, i have access to cad/cam software but it would be easier just for pictures the exact size, if any one can help either witht the cad/cam files or pics that would be great ! bye bye

proschoolboy

Somwhere amongst the 17 pages of threads here in the "solid body and bass chat" section, there are at least one thread that goes into detail about using cad software for guitar bodies. There might be two threads, but since I dont use or have cad abilities I didnt pay much attention.

As far as plans and blueprints, If you make financial contribution to the webmaster, for keeping this site alive, you can get access to secret confidential items that non-contributors dont get. Among these items are drawings / blueprints.

I hav'nt contributed yet, as x-mas has left me broke, so I dont know for sure if the SG is in their. (there is a thread about this too) But if worse comes to worst, find a music store with a return policy, buy an SG, trace it, make your measuremnts, then return it.

Sorry I cant be of any real use to you on this subject

that's what parents are for dude. :D

ok thanks, i am gonna download the files from guitarbuild, i would make a contribution but i am only 15 and have no access to money that i can use on teh web.

You can email Brian, He'll give you his mailing address. Run down to the local 7-11 store and get a money order and mail it. You don't need credit cards or Paypal to make a donation.