Wtb: Small Amount Of Green Or Paua Abalone

govtmule

I'm a complete inlay noob but need a piece about 1.5" X 1.5" for my first inlay effort.

I've looked around the internet and see most places sell it by the ounce. My problem is, never having bought pearl blanks, I really don't know how much to expect to get when buying an ounce and even worse, I don't know how big those pieces will be.

So instead of blowing $50 on an ounce of pearl that may or may not give me what I need, I wonder if anyone would be willing to part with 1 or 2 pieces of nice abalone for my first effort.

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry I don't have any on hand myself, but don't hesitate to call Andy DePaule at Luthiersupplies.com. Andy is a great guy and will accommodate most anyones order. He sells blanks from his site I believe, but if you just call and tell him what you need, he'll set you up at a great price. So if you have trouble getting ahold of any, just hit up Andy, he'll take care of you no doubt. Best of luck, wish I could help Steve. J

Sorry I don't have any on hand myself, but don't hesitate to call Andy DePaule at Luthiersupplies.com. Andy is a great guy and will accommodate most anyones order. He sells blanks from his site I believe, but if you just call and tell him what you need, he'll set you up at a great price. So if you have trouble getting ahold of any, just hit up Andy, he'll take care of you no doubt. Best of luck, wish I could help Steve. J

Thanks for the heads-up ! Andy was a great guy to deal with. I think I'm getting exactly what I need from him.

Thanks,

Steve

Great to hear! A number of members mentioned him to me a while back and since I've had nothing but great experiences and each person I have sent over has also found his service excellent. For my friends bass he even had inlays cut in a material they weren't normally made in, no charge just needed some time. Let us know how it looks when you get your order. Best of luck. J