Anyone Ever Converted A Floyd Guitar To A Fixed Bridge?

Hey guys!

so i still have my very first guitar (ibanez rg470), and i don't think i ever want to get rid of it for sentimental reasons. but i never play the thing, and its because my taste in guitars has changed and there's things about this guitar that i don't like anymore. namely, the useless middle single coil and the cheap Floyd knockoff trem!

I don't like trems at all anymore, so i'm wanting to do a bunch of crazy stuff to this thing. i want to strip it, refinish it, refill the single coil slot, fill the trem routing, and replace it with a regular fixed bridge. i think i'll also throw some scallops on there for the hoot of it (if you're gonna go, go all out, right?).

i know some of Paul Gilbert's guitars have refilled trems on them. how would i go about doing this? can of Bondo and a lot of gumption?

I did this a while ago: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=27107

Although it was perfect when first finished, a line in the finish eventually appeared around the fill. Probably an unavoidable result of unequal wood movement at the joint. I would recommend veneering the guitar front and back to prevent this.