Just a quickie 'bout the bridge

jaycee

I have been into town today looking at guitars to get an idea and I have noticed that it appears many of the bridges that are fitted seem to have adjustable bridges for the individual strings. Am I right and does that mean you have a little "room for error " when fitting the bridge because of this.

I love the feel of the Jacksons over the strats' mainly because of the thickness of the bodies, is there any particular reason why they differ so much :D

I have been into town today looking at guitars to get an idea and I have noticed that it appears many of the bridges that are fitted seem to have adjustable bridges for the individual strings. Am I right and does that mean you have a little "room for error " when fitting the bridge because of this.

Yes....but the more precise you place the bridge the better....

I love the feel of the Jacksons over the strats' mainly because of the thickness of the bodies, is there any particular reason why they differ so much 

I think tonally they differ mainly because of the Pickups. While Strats have conventional low-output singelcoils, the Jacksons usually have humbuckers, at least in the bridge position. Therefore the Jacksons are better suited for rock/metal where you play with alot of distortion. The Strat delivers better twangy funk and clean sounds and a in my opinion unmatched singing solo lead tone a la Iron Maiden and Yngwie Malmsteen if you use the neck Pickup and alot of distortion and a little delay. Both are great guitars though. I would not prefer one over the other. And you can always install a bridge humbucker in the Strat in order to make it better suited for modern distorted sounds.

Simply choose the guitar you like more, they are both great. And avoid the cheap squier strats and the really cheap Jacksons.

HTH,

Marcel Knapp!

Yes....but the more precise you place the bridge the better....

this "room" is actually designed into the bridge so you can adjust for a variety of string gauges not errors :D

fender owns jackson don't they? jackson is more of an rg thin neck, rock guitar then your classic glassy strat

this "room" is actually designed into the bridge so you can adjust for a variety of string gauges not errors

If you really want to get picky here than I would have to add that this "room" is for adjusting the action to one's liking AND to accomodate different string gauges.

fender owns jackson don't they

Yep....they bought Jackson some time ago, but the guitars are still build differently.