Using Scrapwood As Firewood

VesQ

As long as it is not a resin filled wood sure. I dont remember anyone mentioning Titebond giving off toxic fumes when its burned. When I had some where to burn my wood a bit of glue never stopped me.

Its good for the land fill not to toss it and you will be saving energy. Its the green thing to do. "I hate that phrase Green" now used for everything even toilet paper. LOL

I keep pretty much all my scrap on the basis that odd shapes make great cauls and bits to hash temporary jigs together every once in a while.

So you have a small shop and a huge scrap bin. :D

I have too much scrap in my shop. I always think I'll use it, but I rarely do.

I do use the ribbons and shavings from planes and spokeshaves for kindling. Dry mahogany shavings are practically better than lighter fluid.

Ribbons and such from edge tools get kept for kindling. My table saw has a collection bad on the bottom, so I keep the saw dust for auto work. It does a great job sopping up spilled oil or other fluids. Even just to clean out the drain pan when changing oil. After it has mostly all dripped from the dished top into the bin I close it off and cover it in saw dust, a day or two later that gets mixed into an empty oil jug with dirty oil for recycling and a quick wipe and the pan is clean.

I keep a lot of the scrap pieces around and when I am in the mood for a fire I go for whatever I have the most of. Titebond has never stopped me. If it is a small tight joint I'll put in epoxy glued pieces. But I try and stay away from anything that had any type of CA treatment.