Body First Or Neck

Kind of both at the same time, but you pretty much have to get the heel of the neck and the taper done before you can complete the body. You'll need to be able to test fit the neck into the pocket. But you get a lot of down time waiting for glue to dry to move onto other parts of the build. I'll usually glue up the body one night and get the neck glued up and the fretboard slotted in the same night.

Body and neck. But i wont route the neck pocket until i have the fingerboard radiused, fretted and glued to the neck so i can check my neck angle with the bridge in a mock position and then the final depth of the pocket. Otherwise there is too much downtime as hocky has said.

Body and neck. But i wont route the neck pocket until i have the fingerboard radiused, fretted and glued to the neck so i can check my neck angle with the bridge in a mock position and then the final depth of the pocket. Otherwise there is too much downtime as hocky has said.

I agree with chops. Work them both but until the neck is finished I wouldn't route the neck pocket until the neck is finished.

Kind of both at the same time, but you pretty much have to get the heel of the neck and the taper done before you can complete the body. You'll need to be able to test fit the neck into the pocket. But you get a lot of down time waiting for glue to dry to move onto other parts of the build. I'll usually glue up the body one night and get the neck glued up and the fretboard slotted in the same night.

neck first....cut pocket to match.

hey ihockey. i PM'ed u. didn't know you're from bethlehem, pa. me too. small world.