Rosewood Fretboard Feeling Rough With Unwanted Friction

slay

ever since i cleaned my c7's fretboard with 0000 steel wool and lemon oil it has never felt the same.

It has some very unwanted friction on the fretboard making bends a pain because my fingers stick to the fretboard.

I tried letting the fretboard dry out for two weeks and nothing happened. I also tried fender fretboard conditioner and nothing. I also tried finger ease but that is just a temporary solution.

I swear before i cleaned the fretboard it had like a nice glossy coat on top, now it is just dark rosewood.

anybody know what i can do to revive it? I want my fretboard to feel slick again.

thanks

ever since i cleaned my c7's fretboard with 0000 steel wool and lemon oil it has never felt the same.

It has some very unwanted friction on the fretboard making bends a pain because my fingers stick to the fretboard.

I tried letting the fretboard dry out for two weeks and nothing happened. I also tried fender fretboard conditioner and nothing. I also tried finger ease but that is just a temporary solution.

I swear before i cleaned the fretboard it had like a nice glossy coat on top, now it is just dark rosewood.

anybody know what i can do to revive it? I want my fretboard to feel slick again.

thanks

I would try using some mineral spirits to remove all that junk you added to the board. If it is still sticky go over it again using the steel wool. then clean up the board and dust with mineral spirits(2nd go round). As long as the rosewoods in good shap I see no reason to add anything unless it is drying out.