Redwood Question

I have an ongoing build right now with a walnut top and a redwood back. I want to make it a string-thru, but I think redwood might be too soft to support the ferrules. I'm afraid they're going to sink into the body over time. You can easily dent redwood with a fingernail, so I think it makes sense that the pressure from a string could sink the ferrule.

I know some of you have a lot more experience with general woodworking than me and you might have a better idea. My big concern is the long term effect.

Edited by NotYou

I would think the ferrules is all you need using any wood. I dont see an issue where a properly set ferrule will pull through the guitar body?

I guess I'll give it a shot. I might make some type of plate to put back there that will hold all six strings instead of individual strings.

I have another one going right now with a maple and walnut back and top and a redwood center. I had that idea after this one, though. The maple and walnut will help protect the redwood of it's dropped or whatever. I think that's the way I'll be doing most of the time from now on.

Edited by NotYou