Where's Home?

Brian

What continent are you on?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

draygon and BLS, guess what...

i hail from a city in Illinois they call Rockford, which is basically Chicago, just with no jobs, dirty streets, and smaller buildings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in Nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history's page, let every stage
Advance Australia fair!
In joyful strains then let us sing,
"Advance Australia fair!"

Beneath our radiant southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing
"Advance Australia fair!"

Aussie Aussie Aussie
Oi Oi Oi

THE BEST place there could ever possibly be to live! B)

Although getting any guitar parts are very expensive! :D

[quote]ive always wanted to live in australia, cuz when was the last time afganistan decided to bomb australia?
[/quote]

Afghanistan (or some extreme religious people) decides not to bomb Australia because we don't interfere with issues that are of no concern to us...And if they do, then it will probably be because John Howard kissed Bush's behind all the way to Iraq, where we have no business...You reap what you sew....We'll deserve it if and when it comes...
This is no place for a political discussion however...

Anyway, :D from Australia

[quote name='StratDudeDan' date='Jul 8 2004, 02:03 AM'] draygon and BLS, guess what...

i hail from a city in Illinois they call Rockford, which is basically Chicago, just with no jobs, dirty streets, and smaller buildings. [/quote]
My friend's dad has a farm up in Freeport. :D

[quote name='silvertonessuckbutigotone' date='Aug 5 2004, 03:53 PM'] ive always wanted to live in australia, cuz when was the last time afganistan decided to bomb australia?

neways, i live in Columbia, MO USA [/quote]
Just because one crazy SOB from Afganistan decided to bomd us doesn't mean that the whole country did! Before you make comments like this you should think it over! I bet you there are a few of them that would have feel offended because of it!!! I'm in the military and don't even make comments like that! ...unless you're brainwashed!

• 5 weeks later...
:D:D [color=red]!!CANADA!! [/color]:DB)

!!METAL MATT!! :D Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

[quote]Afghanistan (or some extreme religious people) decides not to bomb Australia because we don't interfere with issues that are of no concern to us...And if they do, then it will probably be because John Howard kissed Bush's behind all the way to Iraq, where we have no business...You reap what you sew....We'll deserve it if and when it comes...
This is no place for a political discussion however...[/quote]

Well, it came didn't it, or is America now too isolated from the rest of the world it didn't notice [i]our[/i] Embassy in Jakata...(Indonesia, our closest neighbour) was blown to pieces the other day! Also, notice how happy we all are that no Australian's died in the attack...too bad for those dozen or so Indonesians that they're still scrapping off the footpath outside who will remain nameless to the rest of the world.

Well....hmmmm.....what could have inspired all of that.....

Look, we used to think down here in Australia...especially in the eastern states in cities like Sydney and where [b]I'm from...Melbourne, Victoria[/b]...that we were too far from anything for anyone to bother. But consider this, Indonesia is closer to Australia than I am to my next major city.

But terrorist's [i]can[/i] hurt you no matter where you live or where you go!

Anyhow....

Look, I'm not defending them, but, terrorists come in all kinds of shapes and forms...to many, any of us could look or sound like terrorists, or be engaged in terrorist like activities...Has anyone thought how we might appear to large part's of the world...once they've seen us through their media eyes.

Does it hurt [i]you[/i] that there are people in the world that see [i]you[/i] as a terrorist threat? I don't like it...but I can see why they might see that.

I wasn't going to make a political statement...it's fabulous that we have an internet system that has evolved to enable people from all over the world to talk about stuff...stuff that matters like guitars...the common ground.

I'm serious though, the greater we make this common ground, the less our "political" selves dominate how we are seen by everybody else.

I was going to mention though, that on Sept,11 I would have thought it was a good time for everyone in the whole world to take a good hard look at themselves (and what you and people you might support, are doing too and in this world).... until you either can't stand to look at your ugly mug anymore, or at least till you never need to ask the question...why?...again.

You guy's out there making guitars and making music...that's where it's at...Guitar's for Peace...does anything else really matter when you loose yourself to the music or the craft or the beauty of the instrument?

see ya later from the land of Oz :D [color=green]PSW[/color]

IRELAND, were an island off mainland europe beside the uk. Most of you probably have heard of it but we never have sections on most guitar sites, its normaly Engish or european sites we go through (i.e. ibanez redirect us to there uk frame) which kinda sucks that people dont recognise us. Even though most americans claim to have an Irish background, and most of our people built america.

Edited by 68 lost souls

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am from Alabama, about 45 minutes south of Huntsville where I beleive Brian is from. I now reside in Germany unfortunately very far from Frankfurt. I spent a few months in Maryland and New Jersey but that had to do with the military(Army).

I would like to spend some time in Korea(for obvious reasons),Canada( really like fishing and the nature thing),South America,Australia and Japan. I have been to Holland,Belgium,France and Austria. It would be cool to go back to Holland but Alex lives on the otherside according to the map so it would be a long ride over there.