oh....my....god....8...string....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? i thought they had 2 low strings. how does the high A not snap when you bend? or even put it into tune?

On a 12 string, the octave G string are usually 9's... so either a 9 or an 8 should have no problem going to that high A. Take a look at these Conklins.

Hmm... plus you probably wouldn't "abuse" the high A with high bends :D.

my 7 string rg, is tuned to high a. i like it better than low b. i have no problems with string breakage, because it's a .009. i just use a standard set of 9-42's, then i buy a single .050. some times a .048.

meshugga plays 8 strings, tuned low b to high a.

that sounds pretty good to me. vai would kill himself for something as high up as a high A. Lmao. no real disrespect its just that silly solo thing that everyone does these days where they go all the way up as high as they can oh the high e string and play really fast. BAH. Not to say Dr. Vai is all about that. he is great at other methods of soloing but he does do it. that would be a interesting.

my 7 string rg, is tuned to high a. i like it better than low b. i have no problems with string breakage, because it's a .009. i just use a standard set of 9-42's, then i buy a single .050. some times a .048.

meshugga plays 8 strings, tuned low b to high a.

ya, i meant him and high A :D