oh....my....god....8...string....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like when u take a regular 6 string put 9's on it, and tune it to low-g tuning

im not being a prick, but arent 9's normal strings, i play 9-42's and they are quite light. ive played 11's etc... they are heavy!

mike

thats what i thought! yeh i have 9's on my ibanez and 10's on my gibbo kit thing! i was thinkin of tryin 8's on the ibanez, but i would need to adjust intonation and bust strings more yadda yadda....

yeh i know, but the ibanez is stuck at 25.5, unnless i get a neck etc... but i may just tune to Eflat im still thinkin about this! brothers guitar seems to be around 24 5/8 i havent measured, but it sure feels slinkier

well if they have their guitars tuned so low what does their bassist do?

btw rather than simply back up the guitars alot of bassists counterpoint the rythm section,which sounds better to my ears.i think you will never replace a good bassist with low strings

Very very true, but in most cases, like around here, a good bass player is really hard to find. So most bands do what they must to get by with out one.

Unless your completely utilizing all 8 strings, then that instument is nothing more than a fashion statment! I see alot of guitar palyers that use 7 strings, and the only use 4 of the 7 strings. So whats the point? If you want low tunings and a sick tone, get a baritone.