official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's too much Darren, but you know what I will like to see after seeing that. A LGM Leviathan with a mural with EMG's painted over, so that it will look like a solid paint and barely be able to see the pups at all, and with a string thru the body TOM so that it won't detract from the paint.

Nope, you're in!

We deleted almost all the rules.

Basically, as long as it's identifiable as a Carrie to the average lay person, and it's done, buffed, strung up and intonated and plays correctly, and you post it at the end, you're in.

:D

The prizes Brian so graciously offered were for the tutorial tho.

Just a guitar gets you the GOTM for January if we're still adhering to that format.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's hard to believe, but this time last year, this place was absolutely BOPPIN' with Carriburst. I mean, it got talked about every single day.

I think the mistake came in not with Carrie itself, but the year-long time limit we placed on it. I don't know who pointed that out, but they were right. Too long a time stretch, big mistake.

And the fact that it's a (dare I say it?) 'passing fad' finish.

Who knew at the time?

:DB):D

I'm actually pretty close on mine, BUT...

I was psyched up like the rest of the entrants way back when, but the carrieburst wasn't something I was that keen on by itself. I am more of a natural finish kind of guy.

So I'm almost done, but don't think I'll be able to have it buffed and done by the 1/1/05 deadline. And now nobody seems to real give a rip, so even when I do get it done, it won't be part of the whole group... I kinda wish I'd just made this one not a carrieburst. Oh well, all part of the learning process...

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=3422&st=0

eventually i will probably do my gray/ blue /black burst....

won't take that long...obviously the competition is a bust...but that is what i am thinking about for my neck thru in that tutorial i haven't finished...that will be my next project after i finish my beast

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...topic=3422&st=0

eventually i will probably do my gray/ blue /black burst....

won't take that long...obviously the competition is a bust...but that is what i am thinking about for my neck thru in that tutorial i haven't finished...that will be my next project after i finish my beast

He didn't mentioned the you know what!!! Is it true, the guitar in the making... the neck thru tutorial that's been haunting the PG pages since I can remember (or at least since I joined).

Well back to the Carri. I could swaer that the major supporter was Litch. DRAK, the one who started all, ain't got one to show! NNNNAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahaha!

He didn't mentioned the you know what!!! Is it true, the guitar in the making... the neck thru tutorial that's been haunting the PG pages since I can remember (or at least since I joined).

yeah it is still hanging in my guitar room...all it needs is routing for hardware ,a belly cut,finish sanding,and finishing.

the hold up has been a speedloader bridge....well now i have one.i just need to keep my full attention on my beast for another month or so.

you are going to love that beast,maiden.

I hate it when you guys tease... Weres the thread??? Can believe you guys don't post inprogress. I want pics!!!! I demand them!!!!

don't have a digital camera anymore...don't worry i will have one soon.but it will be completed before i bust out the pics

some of the long time members may remember when i started the beast about 1 1/2 years ago...

Algee, yes, I started it, it was my idea originally to have an off-line competition amongst anyone who wanted to join. There was so much interest <cough cough> back then that we asked Brian if we could host it formally, and he agreed to it.

I tried to organize it and give it legs, but it was obvious very quickly that it wasn't something that really COULD be organized tightly, with rules, so the longer it went on, the less stringent the rules became, until at the end there really were very very few rules left, which was fine by me, it's more fun that way, and that's what it really was all about.

Litch was the one who posted -far and away- the most examples of carribursts from all over the 'net, so yes, he became, after a time, the Flagbearer for Carrie.

It's all there in the original thread, everything. Just go back and read it.

Do I owe someone an apology for starting the biggest bandwidth-wasting thread known to PG? :DB)

Hi everyone,

I have nothing to do with this competition, nor any entry (so no real 'standing' so to speak) but it seems as if there is a few would-be elligible guitars out there, only they wont be finished by the deadline.

Seeing as though there ARE potential candidates out there... and none ready ATM...maybe the deadline could be extended a bit? Again, I have no 'standing', but it seems that a few people are almost ready.

Just an idea,

Luke