official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem...

Not trying to bust chops, but Jeff does not remember the rules if he thinks this is 'just toss your hat in at any point', that is ridiculous, and that was never stated as one of the rules.

He is but one of about 12 formal entrants who all have a say if someone comes in after-the fact, unless they have dropped out.

If any one person has a single say-so vote, it would be either me or Brian.

I started it, and Brian is formally hosting it.

It seems even Jeff has forgotten the rules we agreed to, maybe he should re-read the original thread also :D .

Just because no one's posting much doesn't mean they've dropped out of it. Could be, but I haven't heard from any of them telling me they're out except for Wes, so AFAIC, until I hear different, there are about 12-14 members all with an equal voice in this.

Perry, there was a registration date that had to be met by anyone interested, I'm sure you must have read some of the postings back in the beginning stages in January.

But I'm glad you asked, because whether or not you decide to join in the frey, we do need an updated list of who's still 'in it' since we are close to mid-point now.

I need to (and will do) post a Carrie alert thread and PM all the original participants to see if they're still in it.

Of the members who log in as still in it, I'll ask them all if they're OK with your entry if you still wish to join. It's a group vote, that's the only fair way, majority rules.

And once I post the thread, anyone else who wishes to join at this mid-point time will be accepted by majority vote also.

And there was one other requirement: that anyone who wished to enter after-the-fact, that they read the -entire- thread of Carrie, from the very first posting of the very first thread, all the way thru till now.

Quiz at 9 B) . :D (multiple choice :D )

It shows:

1) Basic respect for what you are entering. If you can't find the time to read the thread all the way thru just once, than we members who have been in it since the start would rather you not join in our Carrie-competition.

2) You will be aware of what we all have agreed to as an acceptable carriburst competition.

3) You will be aware of all the deadlines, rules, and anything else we all agreed to back at the beginning. So no confusion and hurt feelings of someone saying..'No one told me that' ...

This is not aimed at Perry, but for -anyone- reading who is a past or present participant. B)

And I will get moving on a new head-count so we are formally up to date.

PS Perry, I know you might change your mind for various reasons, but I hope you, and maybe several others, decide to join in. I'm all for fun and competition.

But this mid-point juncture will be the last point for entries, none others allowed under any circumstances after this point (you reading this Jeff? B), anyone asks past this mid-point, the answer is sorry, but no, you're too late B) )

If less than 6 original members log in to me as still 'in', than I am willing to nullify the original contest start date and member list and start it all over again now as a 6-month deal if Brian is agreeable to that, and anyone who wants in at this point will be an 'original' member, with no voting required for entry, but all the original concepts and rules still apply, which includes reading the Carrie thread from the beginning all the way thru for any newcomers. Again, Brian has to OK that.

So I'll get on the alert thread, PM the members, query Brian, and we'll have some answers within a week. B)

PS Litch and mullmuzzler, more great photos, Thanks! :D

I thought Perry had entered, but apparantly not.

Well, you can t be in the competition for the tutorial, but there nothin that says you cant compete in the GOTM Jan '05 with a carrie, unless there is disagree ment from the others in the fellowship of the carrieburst.

And this post wasnt objected, so I thought we were still cool with that.

Well, the problem is that every time someone wants in, the original rules are all the sudden up for renewal and anything goes. Not cool. I shouldn't have let it fly the first time in retrospect. My mistake, I'm human.

That 'flew' for the first guy in after-the-fact, didn't seem like a big deal at the time, then the second time I was a bit uncomfortable with but said OK, what the hell.

Now I realize I should have stuck to the rules all along, that's the way things work best, so that's what we're doing. :D

I feel better with the rules in place, it's fair to everyone involved that way.

Any problems, ask Brian. B)

Edited to add:

I have worked for a LOT of people in my time, and I've seen that people who always have to change the rules every time a new situation hits them run the most chaotic, disorganized, unhappy businesses, they're always a total trainwreck.

People who simply follow the policies that were made up beforehand to deal with these same 'new' situations, (not) run much smoother and successful businesses. They only need to modify the plan -very- rarely.

And the people with an 'anything goes' attitude just don't even last in business very long, because it doesn't work.

Our plan was made up last January, and it's there for anyone who cares to read it. That's the plan that was OK'd by Brian, that's what we stick with.

cool, I can dig that, but I dont want it to be come something like "Only Participants can build a carriburst" I doubt it will, but I dont even want it being misconstrewed as such

Well, you're certainly not going to stop anybody from building one if they danged-well want to (it wouldn't stop me, that's for sure), but whether or not they can enter it in the contest is up to the rules and like all that. We did set it up with rules of entry, we talked the rules over for like, 2 full weeks, then came to a few decisions and a cutoff date. It's all in the thread right there for all to read.

PS Perry, -none- of this is aimed at you, this needed to be hashed out anyway sort of, and I'd like to see ya in it if you decide to do yours.

I mean come on, you think we're really gonna give you the freakin' boot? :D

Just let me PM everyone and see where it's at, it might all be a moot point anyway, and we'll probably be GROVELLING and BEGGING and PLEADING with you to join whether you want to build one or not. B):D:D

But I'd be willing to bet if you did enter it, you'd want some rules in place to protect your entry too B)

Who wants to enter a contest with no rules, what's the fun in that? :D

1) This thread is really only for the carriburst competition, and those types of questions were asked -en masse- last January if one reads the thread, it's all there, so since you asked the question here, I obviously thought it was in reference to the competition. There were a LOT of those questions asked back then, and I don't want to go thru that all over again, hence my answer was worded the smart-ass way it was, so apologies extended to you and your entire family and all extensions on both sides up and down the family tree.

2) So just simply asking about a color combination like that w/ no reference to the contest, my answer would honestly be I don't know since I've never done a 'burst like that.

But... I think a pinkish center fading into magenta into purple into blue into green with a greenish yellow edge burst would be -very- different AND freaking gorgeous BUT it would probably take a few tries to iron it out and get it right.

Actually I really like the idea and might give it a shot one day, thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...