new PRS production model

I was on Harmony Central and saw an article on the new PRS 513. The article Large Pic.

513-Rosewood-lg.jpg

It says the neck joint is redesigned, maybe Ed Roman can stop his bitching. Looks like this could be an rockin model. One thing i noticed that looks kinda cool is the tuners are not the standard prs lockers. I read somewhere that when John Mann designed the original prs locking tuners they were made with a slit at the top so you could lock em with a quarter. What a sweet lookin guitar. I wonder what the retail price is gonna look like. :D

-Vadim

p.s. what kind of wood is that top?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one word:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:DB):D:D

edit:

whats wrong with editing a post and putting the new stuff in there?

aaah the kids of today...oh i am one

re: down there

i would have to agree with every word Maestro has said. best looking PRS i have ever seen.

it's about time PRS did something more innovative in terms of construction and material. in the past they did build neck from Rosewood, there was even some models with Ebony fretboards, Lacewood and Koa tops and Limba bodies. but knowing PRS, this will not become a trend. modifications are great to see, but production models are limited in terms of design and materials. my respect for PRS has increased, but not by much.

the head could be a Rosewood veneer, unless the article says other wise. i havent read it. but if it is a Rosewood neck, it is going to cost and arm and a leg, and it is probably 'just' East Indian Rosewood. :D

ok, ok, i just read the article. that guitar is going to cost 2 ****ing arms and legs. it's 'just' Brazilian Rosewood!

its a nice guitar, i love the rosewood necks! they feel great and they dont get a finish, the natural oils in the wood are all it needs, i dont like the two switches though,

man you guys really hate prs's ?

hmm.... you would think a company that can make a great quallity intsrument that is beutiful, and some of the best sounding instruments out there would get more respect. yeah there expensive but what do you expect? its the best out there, or you could spend that kind of money for a gibson but then your frets will be sticking out the ends and it will sound like poo and need i go on?

paleeeeeez. it most certainly is not the best guitar for the money. personally i think that a Les Paul can own a PRS any day. A prs has a crappy sound to my ear. And the gibson P/us muy bueno, very articulated and organic sounding. I like the new PRS model, but its still a PRS. ALL BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD? what is the point in that? unless its chambered it will weigh a ton I'd imagine that the thing has an incredibly bright sound and it probably costs over 5 grand. LAME!

so since your such an expert on gibsons snork, how many have you played and what kind of ears do you have that you cant hear the beutty of a prs? the rose wood neck sounds great! ive played a few of them and the weight isnt that much more, besides what do you care about wieght if you love lespauls? id keep on going but i should probably take it to the rant section

i play 5 on a regular basis as they are my fathers 2 from friends and pretty much the rest of the line at sam ash in new haven. I've played 2 prs's owned by friends (tremonti, dragon 2) and the whole line at sam ash. to me the prs sounds like this bellow. it just bellows with no real definition. Especially the tremonti. The only good thing i can say about tremonti is that it has a tight bottom end but the top end sounds crunchy and choppy. as for the upper class models. they look nice as all hell to play. have a medium wide/fast neck. Not as wide as a LP which is pretty wide and moderately fast a good balance for me. i like the neck on the prs. feels stable and nice to me. but when it comes to sound. It seems as though the notes are dead when i hit them. But chords are again the PRS's favorite. However i do LOVE the older prs's from the early 90s. I played my teachers a few times and I LOVED it. it was a blues/jazz/rock machine. the thing had a great neck, looked great and SOUNDED great. Singing high end decent sustain and a nice low end. Where as gibsons just have this great organic sound all around. I've played everyone of the gibsons from the fast playing but quite limited melody maker to the les paul supreme. My favorite coming out of the series is the SG from the 80's. Like the one zappa used the heel was below the fretboard so it was "nothing but neck thru 24" it was a great guitar. very expensive though. Another thing i think are cool about the PRS's is the cool stop tails they have where the strings come back up and over the stop tail. Doesn't make up for crappy p/us. Besides what decent shredder or blues or any type of music for that matter that requires chords and individual notes has used a PRS. Navaaro? hes the bottom of the great guitar player heap but i like him none the less he uses a custom 24.

I will admit that prs's do sound good when run through a nice distortion pedal and a reverb pedal. but only after using pedals do they live up to their wood they are made out of. NICE wood not so good guitar

santana, all the guys from Collective soul, Pods old guitarist, the boys from 311, incubus, Rooted, need i go on?

if they really stunk then none of the above would use them!

besides if you have to get your tones out of a stupid pedal than your opinion is worthless to me! true tone is simply a guitar a georgeL's cable and an amp, (old fender, or Mesa they are my favs)

you can here the tone without an amp also with prs's,

Snork just cause you cant afford one doesnt meen you have to hate them! i cant afford a ferrarri but that doesnt mean i dont like them!