new PRS production model

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I would never drop the cash for a PRS (for that kind of money, I'd get one custom built, or make my own), they are very nice instruments. I've played a few of them, and have always been impressed.

The bottom line is this: they will sell at the price at which they generate the most revenue. If people will buy them at the given prices, then they will be sold at the given prices. If you don't think it's worth it, then your choice is simple: don't buy the bloody thing!

not tring to start an arguement, just saying, there's more time in a handmade instrument, so more man hours=more money. The PRS is not handmade. Also, a person can be just as accurate with propper tools, templates, and knowledge. True fact!

When I wrote that, I wasn't saying that CNC will always beat out handmade... yes, you can be as accurate, but generally, people are not. If I could trust someone to build as high quality a guitar as a machine could, and could produce the guitar at the same proportional cost, then yes, I'd probably buy from them. But I still maintain that machines are more accurate, more reliable, and that they produce consistent results.

I meant no disrespect to your personal tastes rye, we all like what we like, I play ina band with a bunch of older guys and they thin Im crazy for being such an ibanez nut (over the more traditional fender and gibson). BTW im sure If you continue to market your band in such an agressive manner (kudos on that by the way!) uts only a matter of time before we see your name on a PRS ad! :D

ha ha wylde have you seen my picture? im to ugly to be in an ad!!!

and i didnt think you where being disrespectful, everyone has there likes and dislikes, and that is what makes this such a great place, personally im not a big fan of ibanez's, but!!! i do agree that they play well and i even have an ibanezish neck on my guitar that i built, its thin like an ibanez but a little wider.