Pointy Stick

Muzz

Wow, that is a different way to make a blank

Body finish is done

28rie04.jpg

4tpxet.jpg

and if killemall gives me any more cheek about the pickguard, his punisment will be to listen to a whole Metallica song ........ wait for it ....

dr-evil2.jpg

...... sung by Nickelback :D

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a different way to make a blank

Body finish is done

28rie04.jpg

4tpxet.jpg

and if killemall gives me any more cheek about the pickguard, his punisment will be to listen to a whole Metallica song ........ wait for it ....

dr-evil2.jpg

...... sung by Nickelback :D

NOT TICKLESACK !!!! NOOOOOoooooooooo.......

Muzz , you may take a while to build, but good things come to those who wait apparently. NICE job on the geet.

Can't wait to see some pics of the finished product.

:D

Welcome to the Elevator From He11....

OH THE HORROR!!! :D

B) Richard Cheese B) I just got it,

Dimarrzioooo................

;) Freekin sweet.

Just had a weird 30 minutes, I have got the wired pickguard in, the geet is lying on my desk and I tested it by connecting to the amp, buzz buzz buzz, like a hoard of vuvuzelas, :D I tested all my connections, couldn't work out what was going on. Then I was holding the guitar cord in one hand and moved my other hand towards the desk, the buzz increased. My desk has a metal frame and was causing the noise, as soon as I took the geetar off the desk, the noise vanished. Crisis over.

Put in the trem craw (it's not the craw, it's the craw!) it's late, time to stop.

Barring any complications this instrument is gonna be finished by Saterday arvo, touch wood.

Barring any complications this instrument is gonna be finished by Saterday arvo, touch wood.

It's about time!

Ken oath Speedy :D

Just finished it, it's 11 pm in :D so no day light, I'll take some more pics on the weekend and post them, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread for all the laughs, help and encouragement. It was great chatting with you guys along the way.

2pqp89k.jpg

2yvq83q.jpg

2z3no0i.jpg

iqa44x.jpg

Nice Muzz! It looks really good mate, Lovin it! For a bit of contrast, black knobs and pickups would look very cool with the pearl pickguard aswell, it would pick up the grain in that ash.

Why does the thread have to stop just keep posting and make it bigger than the sustainer thread.

Edited by chops1983

vxj15k.jpg

Looks really good Definatly liking the blue finihs btw. I guess when they say good things come with time they weren't joking :D

Thanks, the other colour I was thinking about was a golden oak, but looking at it now I am glad I went with the blue.

2itj7dc.jpg

Okay thats pretty cool.

I love the finish, I love the way the Floyd Rose grabs your attention, the scratchplate actually works really well...

You know I was going off the idea of the plate at this point my first design wasn't suiting it, but when I did a design with a pointy bit for the knobs and switch, it became a must have for me. The plate was the third part of the build on this guitar, it took a while and they are unforgiving if you make a slip. I made a black felt mat for the trem cavity, I never thought I would shop in Spotlight craft store for guitar parts B)

ek1fo5.jpg

Only thing I dont like is the fact that this thread is gona end now ;)

But realy cool guitar muzz, im in the process of ripping off your colour scheme even as I type this B)

Good times. Hey that's great about the colour scheme, I think I did mine a little different I'll go and hijack your thread to show you some inbetween steps

Good job Muzz. Thats one really clean guitar built by a fellow Aussie!

Hey another Aussie on board, I made nearly all my mistakes on my MDF model, you should see that poor abused piece of material, I shudder when I look at it to think how this wouldn't have turned out without the practice on the prototype first.

Nice Muzz! It looks really good mate, Lovin it! For a bit of contrast, black knobs and pickups would look very cool with the pearl pickguard aswell, it would pick up the grain in that ash.

Why does the thread have to stop just keep posting and make it bigger than the sustainer thread.

I did put a couple a black SC pickup cover in the pickguard at one point to see what it looks like, yep you are right it does look good, I see you are into the Mr Potato Head style of guitar blinging too.

Or I could just start building another guitar in this thread :D I have quite a few parts left over .

ohjmdz.jpg

Just joking, but I do have to still post some sounds.

Good times. Hey that's great about the colour scheme, I think I did mine a little different I'll go and hijack your thread to show you some inbetween steps

Gravy baby. Im doin 2 JS models just now. one of them is Ash finished in blue, Along with a strat in blue with a pearloid pickguard.

Feel free to hijack the crap outa the blue JS when it starts going up. Ash body with an Ash neck & rosewood board. just to see how it sounds you know.

But the black grained blue thing rocks so ill be doin that for its body.

Lets keep this train on the rails!

It's a little bit late for that isn't it :D

Mr potato head? Should i take that as a compliment :D

Yes, I love to treat my guitars like Mr. Potato head and just swap a pup, knobs, pickguard etc. Can't wait for Toy Story 3.

Threads of Life cd!!!!! That CD is on heavy repeat for me! Aussie and a shadows fall fan!!

Oh yeah, that CD went around a few times while I was planning and making this guitar, tell everyone to go and listen to "Redemption' that song just sends me to a happy place.

Gravy baby. Im doin 2 JS models just now. one of them is Ash finished in blue, Along with a strat in blue with a pearloid pickguard.

Feel free to hijack the crap outa the blue JS when it starts going up. Ash body with an Ash neck & rosewood board. just to see how it sounds you know.

But the black grained blue thing rocks so ill be doin that for its body.

Great, your Satchmo looked fantastic in the black stain, my guitar body looked like one of those sculptures that you used to make at school, where you burnt it with a blow torch and then wire brushed it.

17zsbq.jpg

I breathed a sigh of relief when the blue went on

352hq4p.jpg