Thanks for those links JG and Osi, if this spring plate cover craps out on me, that is the next in line, I wonder if I could route out the screwdriver access holes? Hope the finger is better already/soon JG.

I took the wrapping off yesterday to get a look and it looks like it's healing pretty good. However; I got to see the xray when I went in to get the stitches checked and found out not only is the bone broken, which I already knew, but it is shattered. If you know what a gut hook on a knife looks like that's what the end of my bone looks like and then it breaks into what the doctors called "Y" breaks and so they said I now have three extra weeks for the bone to heal. Luckily I can still get back to building in a couple weeks now but I won't be able to play guitar or anything for two months.

Why would you want to route out screwdriver holes if there is already a slot to slide the screwdriver in? Or am I thinking of something different?

Oh wow, so lucky there was enough blood vessels left in place to support and heal the tissue. It's amazing that your bone will quickly fill in those gaps, hope you get better soon :D

So I have this plate in now, as long as the little tabs holding the insert don't loosen with time it will stay there, there is great access to the spring cavity, so easy to change strings without unscrewing the cover plate.

P1230032.jpg

But if the insert loosens and starts to fall out, I will replace it with a JEM style back plate. I will either buy one or just route the slots in the old standard strat plate.

P1230031.jpg

I am off to go and get a long shaft DC power plug for my ADA MP-1 MIDI pedal, sick of the old one falling out. I would love if I could power it with a 7 pin MIDI cord (the current to power the pedal runs down the 6th and 7th pins connecting the pedal to the pre amp) and have ordered one, but I don't think there is much chance of it working since the pre amp must have come from USA and had a 120 Volt power supply in it, when I had the power supply swapped out for an Aussie 240 volt supply, I am pretty sure that would screw up the 9 volt power out from the unit. Never mind a power brick will still power the MIDI pedal.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, so lucky there was enough blood vessels left in place to support and heal the tissue. It's amazing that your bone will quickly fill in those gaps, hope you get better soon :D

So I have this plate in now, as long as the little tabs holding the insert don't loosen with time it will stay there, there is great access to the spring cavity, so easy to change strings without unscrewing the cover plate.

But if the insert loosens and starts to fall out, I will replace it with a JEM style back plate. I will either buy one or just route the slots in the old standard strat plate.

I am off to go and get a long shaft DC power plug for my ADA MP-1 MIDI pedal, sick of the old one falling out. I would love if I could power it with a 7 pin MIDI cord (the current to power the pedal runs down the 6th and 7th pins connecting the pedal to the pre amp) and have ordered one, but I don't think there is much chance of it working since the pre amp must have come from USA and had a 120 Volt power supply in it, when I had the power supply swapped out for an Aussie 240 volt supply, I am pretty sure that would screw up the 9 volt power out from the unit. Never mind a power brick will still power the MIDI pedal.

I would like to get an MIDI pedal, it would make things a lot easier for me.

Where did you get that spring cover from by the way?