Is Emg The Only Bridge You Dont Ground?

low end fuzz

Yup, it will make it buzz. Exact opposite of passives.

Well, son of a gun. I guess I'll have to fix my bass then. Thanks!

And according to the EMG install guide, it also creates a shock hazard to connect the two.

Another good reason for me to fix that!

The ground wire in passive pickups eliminates buzz by diffusing.

A ground wire in active pickups is like short circuiting. Basically, your battery will drain a lot faster, and if you touch whatever you're grounding to, you'll become a ground and get shocked. That's my theory anyway. i don't know crap about electronics, but I decided to see what happens one day and that's what happened :D

something to ponder then what if your using active passive combo where the two are never in conjunction with each other. ie i am using a three way setup right now with my brian moore two humbuckers and piezo and i am replacing the bridge with an 81. the way its setup is pos.1 bridge pos. 2 piezo pos. 3 neck and i am looking at doing the same with my ibanez as i found i no longer use the bridge pickup for anything other than straight rocking out with volume dimed out. any ideas this has been something that has had me thinking for years. i did this with my old ibanez with a barcus berry pickup that was designed to be with an active pickup but was completely passive. around the 11k or so region and i grounded the bridge and it worked fine with out any buzzing.

sorry to hijack this thread but it caught my eye

good idea i will email them i never thought to ask them lol usually most companies lie too much. and no you don't need a buffer if the two pickups never see each other.