Possible Vintage Guitar Build

Barnwood is fun stuff, and I am always pleased to see other people getting into it.

Look for barns that are falling down, especially in areas that are being developed for subdivisions, etc. Usually they end up getting bulldozed and burned.

Sometimes you will find one that you can pick what you want off of. Not always, but it never hurts to ask.

Don't worry about the bugs. If there are any living in it, they will leave when that cycle of their life is done ( less than a year )

Used to be a big worry for me, but I have had hardly any real problems with them over the years.

On the barnwood acoustic- the problem is that barnwood is full of surface cracks that go much deeper than 1/8", so if you resawed it that thin, it would be a mess.

Maybe barnwood veneer and staining the backing wood barn red and then do a weathering wash over it. The stain therefore would look like a weathered barn and if it was possible to get any good things of venerr out of it, would also have the coloration to hide cracks.

Edited by PunkRockerLuke

well for the electric I narrowed down the design choice if it ever happens. The design is...... Telemaster dundundundundun! I will most likely try and find a good sounding standard tele pickup set, or get a vintage sounding tele neck pickup and a twangbucker, or may use lipstick tube pickups (this is a vintage styled build)

Edited by PunkRockerLuke