An Odd Request

PunkRockerLuke

you know when i first started playing i kept lookint at those things thinking it would be cool to do something with them. so i saved them for a long time and even after i stoped savint them i kept them in my little guitar tool box up until a few months ago when i cleaned it out and tossed them. sorry if i still had them you would be more than welcome to the whole lot.

I always thought they'd make great little rollers on a DIY string T on the headstock. They're probably also good as a height bushing for a factory string T.

I'm probably the only guy who keeps a few on hand to repair my strings when they break at that end. I once bought bulk strings from musicians fiend that I had to do that to, regularly.

They can also be used as little drill guide bushings for a #45 or #46 drill bit bit (depending) (at least the few I just measured). Or if you could manage to drill/tap for a tiny allen screw in the side, they could be a depth stop for the little drill bits. I really do think this way all the time, when looking at stuff like this. It's a curse.

I'd get some small cans, write "please donate string ball ends here", go into the music stores and ask if you can leave the can on their counter, and if it gets half-way or fully filled, you'd give them such and such amount for it.

Guys putting like 20 of 'em in an envelope with a 43 cent stamp (or whatever a stamp currently costs, I can't keep track) seems a bit extravagant to me, at least.