True Temperament Template

First you would need a cnc router to cut the fret slots then you would need the special frets.

Good luck with that... Also I never figured out how you can bend a string and not change the note when it hits a dip or bump on those frets. Honesty the fenton tuning system seems like a better solution

First you would need a cnc router to cut the fret slots then you would need the special frets.

Good luck with that... Also I never figured out how you can bend a string and not change the note when it hits a dip or bump on those frets. Honesty the fenton tuning system seems like a better solution

i understand that but first i need to get the basic shape and bend of the frets

I can just say that given your answer you have no clue how this is done. Let me say again each fret is custom made I will assume with a very expensive die (thousands of dollars per fret) and a huge press. Your belief that you can duplicate this system in a home is just not realistic.. Did you expect to just bend the fretwire into any shape you want?

I do not know who invented this system but I have never seen any information posted on the web.

Played a jem with these fitted, Have to say I was surprised at how good they were. Didnt feel weird & could do anythin a normal neck could with no problems. Only took a few minits to totally ignore them :D

But as for bending your own ? hmmmm. I could route the board to take them no problem, But the frets are a totally different thing. You would need to make a die & maby heat the frets to make them plyable enough to bend about like spagetti. You would spend more time & money than would be viable, Id just buy a neck ready to go (untill i figured it all out) :D

Played a jem with these fitted, Have to say I was surprised at how good they were. Didnt feel weird & could do anythin a normal neck could with no problems. Only took a few minits to totally ignore them :D

But as for bending your own ? hmmmm. I could route the board to take them no problem, But the frets are a totally different thing. You would need to make a die & maby heat the frets to make them plyable enough to bend about like spagetti. You would spend more time & money than would be viable, Id just buy a neck ready to go (untill i figured it all out) B)

Ya i figured ide have to heat them to do anything i would totally buy a neck if they werent so much $ :D

But as for bending your own ? hmmmm. I could route the board to take them no problem, But the frets are a totally different thing. You would need to make a die & maby heat the frets to make them plyable enough to bend about like spagetti. You would spend more time & money than would be viable, Id just buy a neck ready to go (untill i figured it all out) B)

Ya i figured ide have to heat them to do anything i would totally buy a neck if they werent so much $ :D

What about just buying the frets. Is that possible ?

Jaden ? is it possible to just get the frets & install yerself ?

I dont know to be honest, I can do it but because we are the UK dealer.

in truth, its a very hard job, the frets are made from a very hard alloy and of course, your stewmac fret file wont recrown them :D

I know the crowning process is so labour intensive that only 1 or 2 necks can be completed per day by one guy working alone.

for that reason, I dont do it, TT make a great job of the levelling and recrowning process so I send a bare neck and get a fretted one back in the post :D

I kinda figured as much. They look like a real killer to crown, probly need some modified de-burring tool to do it. Regular crowning file would be absolutly useless.

I have talked to the guys from TT at guitar shows in Stockholm that I too attended. They are nice guys and the necks are no problem to get used to playing. But I don't think that it is at all possible to do this yourself. On the other hand I completely understand your comment on the big bucks for this. A replacement neck is almost 800$ and at that time they were not willing to make this system available for a small time guy like me at an affordable price. I'm sticking to the Earvana system as it costs just a few bucks, is user adjustable if the customer changes string gauge, it is retrofitable and it goes a long way to help the same problem that the TT system addresses.

I emailed them about a year ago, and they said due to the fret slotting difficulty etc they don't supply frets only. If you want your guitar with thier frets you could send the neck in.

Yeah, you can, but they charge you even more than for a complete brand new neck. As I'm not building standard Teles and Strats a brand new TT neck isn't an option for me. And paying 10 000 Swedish crowns (roughly 1430$ to have them make a custom fretboard for one of my necks isn't really an option as there are other intonation compensation systems availible for 35$...